Barritt's GInger Beer

bermuda triangle

Is my absolute favorite brand of Ginger Beer. The closest we have here is Regatta and that is okay.

When we were last in BDA (9/07) we took back a case (24 cans) on the plane. Since then we have ordered and have had it shipped twice. We will be in BDA on a Sunday and I realize many stores are closed.

However we are looking to bring back a couple cases. Do any of the locals know where I might procur a case (or two)? We dock in the West End and plan on going to Horseshoe Bay.

If we take the ferry we will stop in Hamilton so if a store is in town that is no problem either.

I thought the grocery store on the bus line between Hamilton and the back side of the South P may have it but wasn't certain.

Thanks!

Laura

We get it Ma without a problem. It's the best for D&S's I surprised you can't in Ct. Ask your local package store to order it for you.

Yes! D&S.. We are looking to bring some back as well as drink some while cruising...

It was once carried here, however, the distributor changed and it is more difficult to find someone to order it.

Thanks though,

Laura

You can order Barritt's online, the shipping is pretty expensive, though.

beveragesdirect.com

I'd like to try their diet ginger beer.

I tried the Regatta Ginger Beer and it's really good and really sweet!

Is my absolute favorite brand of Ginger Beer. The closest we have here is Regatta and that is okay.

When we were last in BDA (9/07) we took back a case (24 cans) on the plane. Since then we have ordered and have had it shipped twice. We will be in BDA on a Sunday and I realize many stores are closed.

However we are looking to bring back a couple cases. Do any of the locals know where I might procur a case (or two)? We dock in the West End and plan on going to Horseshoe Bay.

If we take the ferry we will stop in Hamilton so if a store is in town that is no problem either.

I thought the grocery store on the bus line between Hamilton and the back side of the South P may have it but wasn't certain.

Thanks!

Laura

Last time I was at the West End, two years ago, which was a Sunday, they had it in the small convenience store there.

There is not much open in Hamilton on a Sunday. We went to Horseshoe in the morning and shopped and had lunch at the Dockyard in the afternoon. (Frog and Onion pub).

The supermarkets are open from 1-5pm on Sundays, so I would suggest that you hire a cab to return to Dockyard from wherever you might be and ask the driver to stop at one on the way for you to pop in to get your precious cargo. I'm sure the taxi driver would be bemused and may be happy to oblige! Just mention Dark and Stomies to him!!

You can order Barritt's online, the shipping is pretty expensive, though.

beveragesdirect.com

I'd like to try their diet ginger beer.

I tried the Regatta Ginger Beer and it's really good and really sweet!

We have had it shipped probably three times in the past year, plus the case we took on the plane.

I find Regatta to be second to Barritts, we can get that at local grocery store. We have also had the ginger beer sold in Tortola, which I believe is from Puerto Rico (not positive, as I can't recall the name).

We have also had the Bundaberg Ginger Beer from Australia. I happen to enjoy this as well. We have had a few shipments of this as well, in addition to Schweppes Lemonade, Argum, and Blood Orange Sodas (which are not available in the US.)

We were looking to save on the shipping costs. Hence looking for an open grocery store.

Thanks though,

Laura

p.s. I really do not like the Goya Ginger Beer, it is Jamaican style and has pepper in it, more spicy than sweet.

The supermarkets are open from 1-5pm on Sundays, so I would suggest that you hire a cab to return to Dockyard from wherever you might be and ask the driver to stop at one on the way for you to pop in to get your precious cargo. I'm sure the taxi driver would be bemused and may be happy to oblige! Just mention Dark and Stomies to him!!

I am thinking this is what to do on the way back from the beach. We are in port from 8-4.

Thank you for the hours!

Laura

Archived