Collapsible Cooler

aircrest

Everyone I have owned has leaked so I made an effort to research the subject and found that most of them on the market are not really made to hold ice, only packets.

I found in my research this company http://www.aocoolers.com and received mine today. I am amazed at how well it is made and doubt it will leak. Mfg guarantees it will not leak and is made to carry ice. It appears also to be very well insulated.

I have not used it yet, but think it is going to fill the bill quite well. I got the 12 can. It would also make a good camera bag when not full of ice

No I do not own the company.

Lar

Everyone I have owned has leaked so I made an effort to research the subject and found that most of them on the market are not really made to hold ice, only packets.

I found in my research this company www.aocoolers.com and received mine today. I am amazed at how well it is made and doubt it will leak. Mfg guarantees it will not leak and is made to carry ice. It appears also to be very well insulated.

I have not used it yet, but think it is going to fill the bill quite well. I got the 12 can. It would also make a good camera bag when not full of ice

Lar

Hopefully it matches this info from the Carnival website: LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

I have several collapsible coolers that hold ice perfectly fine, no leakage. We have a few varieties. One is a bag type cooler that we bought when we made an unplanned trip to Sam's Club & needed to keep our purchases cold. It is awesome! We took that on our last cruise, our steward kept it full of ice & not a leak. It's similar to this one, although not an exact match, http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=387844&pCatg=4408

We also have a square one, I think it's Igloo or one of the common brands. Works great, no leaks.

If you find out that your new collapsible cooler does leak - just set it in the shower of your cabin. Any water that seeps out will just go down the drain and you won't damage any furniture or carpet in your cabin. I've used the sink too!

I had bought two California Inovations and both leaked. Maybe it was just not my lucky day.

Either you're unlucky or I'm lucky! :D The second one I posted is the one I have, only red. Kept it filled all week, not a drop leaked.

If you find out that your new collapsible cooler does leak - just set it in the shower of your cabin. Any water that seeps out will just go down the drain and you won't damage any furniture or carpet in your cabin. I've used the sink too!

We put ours on our balcony.....no problem.

I found in my research this company www.aocoolers.com and received mine today. I am amazed at how well it is made and doubt it will leak. Mfg guarantees it will not leak and is made to carry ice. It appears also to be very well insulated.

Lar

I visited the website and the dimensions on the 12 can size is 14 x 8 x 12. That is not within the guidelines. Unless this will collapse down into your luggage, they will not allow you to bring it on board. Even if used as a camera bag, It will not scan. Sorry!!!

I think I found the one I have. http://www.keepyourcooler.com/freezertote.html It folds up nice & flat & relatively small. Easily fits in our suitcase, taking up very little room.

Do you use it as a big tote bag when you get on the ship or as the cooler? Or, is it flat in your suitcase upon embarkation? Just wondering. It looks like it could be used as a big over-the-shoulder tote.

Even if used as a camera bag, It will not scan. Sorry!!!

------------------------------

Now I have seen ladies handbags bigger than this cooler or my laptop bag. Are we sent to the time out bench to read the regulations.

If it leaks I am going to ask Carnival for compensation, they must have had something to do with it.

Lar

Do you use it as a big tote bag when you get on the ship or as the cooler? Or, is it flat in your suitcase upon embarkation? Just wondering. It looks like it could be used as a big over-the-shoulder tote.

I had it folded up in my luggage. We had intended on picking up a case of water for the room, but it didn't happen. So we didn't use it until after Half Moon Cay, when we had leftover waters & soft drinks from our cabana. I did use it as a tote at Half Moon Cay though. Worked pretty nicely to carry all our beach stuff. I would think you could do the same thing when you embark.

Even if used as a camera bag, It will not scan. Sorry!!!

------------------------------

Now I have seen ladies handbags bigger than this cooler or my laptop bag. Are we sent to the time out bench to read the regulations.

If it leaks I am going to ask Carnival for compensation, they must have had something to do with it.

Lar

Its because the xray machines cant scan thru the sides of a cooler, they can scan thru a purse.

Hopefully it matches this info from the Carnival website: LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Yeah, instead of packing it discreetly in my suitcase, I'll think I'll carry it on and when I get to security, announce what it is and wave it around a bit.:eek:

one that folds up, but after awhile it will leak. What I do is keep it in the shower. I keep a towel under it. When we shower we set it in/over sink. Then place a new towel down in corner of shower and set cooler on it. This works well.

We've had two of the California Innovations brand also, and both leaked. I read a post on these boards that someone put a trashbag inside their collapsable cooler to keep it from leaking. I'm going to try that on our cruise in August.

We've had two of the California Innovations brand also, and both leaked. I read a post on these boards that someone put a trashbag inside their collapsable cooler to keep it from leaking. I'm going to try that on our cruise in August.

This is EXACTLY what I do!

A trash bag works fine and also lets you toss it away in case you have anything that leaks... fruit juices for drinks, etc... I bring a few with me.

I have always used it as a carry on... roll on, but see I can't anymore, so I'll collapse it and pack it, and set it up as soon as I get on board. Then get the steward to keep it filled with ice...

I assume we can roll it off with us since there's no secruity or Xray on disembark...

Archived