cabin assignment at pier

lynn247

For those of you that booked a guarantee and had to wait until you checked in to get your cabin assignment, were you happy with your cabin location?

We booked an AE guarantee for our upcoming CP cruise, as that was all that was available at the time. Upon checking after final payment, there were mini suites listed as being open, but none of these cabins were assigned to us. Although any mini is a good mini, not knowing still makes me nervous.

I am just curious as to other's experiences.

Also, what did you put on your luggage tags?

For those of you that booked a guarantee and had to wait until you checked in to get your cabin assignment, were you happy with your cabin location?

We booked an AE guarantee for our upcoming CP cruise, as that was all that was available at the time. Upon checking after final payment, there were mini suites listed as being open, but none of these cabins were assigned to us. Although any mini is a good mini, not knowing still makes me nervous.

Sorry, I'm not answering your question but we are on the same cruise as you and booked an AE guarantee. We received our room information shortly after booking and before we made final payment, we will be in an AA. Let's hope that your lack of cabin assignment means a good upgrade for you!!

We had a guarantee mini on the CB in May and did not have a cabin assignment until we reached the port. As soon as the porter took our bags at the pier, he directed us to another porter who had a list of the cabin assignments. We still had a mini and it was on the Dolphin deck aft. Our children (in their 20s) were on Caribe deck forward. It's a large ship and we had to walk a while to get to each other's cabins but it was just fine. We left our luggage tags blank and filled them in at the pier.

Have a great vacation!

Sorry, I'm not answering your question but we are on the same cruise as you and booked an AE guarantee. We received our room information shortly after booking and before we made final payment, we will be in an AA. Let's hope that your lack of cabin assignment means a good upgrade for you!!

:D Your'e not going to answer my question??? Gee Thanks.... ;)

Nice upgrade!!

I'd still be happy if they downgraded us to BD Aloha aft.. Had that twice and enjoyed the convenience of 2 flights up to the buffet for a quick cup of coffee and breakfast. And the covered balcony.

?

Where are you checking for cabin availability?

Upon arrival at the pier they will inform you of the cabin so that you can write it in.

Where are you checking for cabin availability?

I checked Princess website as if I was booking a new cruise. Those few days after final payment they started to show some mini suites open.

Now, I am checking my cruise personalizer it shows Category: AE and Stateroom: blank.

I checked Princess website as if I was booking a new cruise. Those few days after final payment they started to show some mini suites open.

Now, I am checking my cruise personalizer it shows Category: AE and Stateroom: blank.

With only 10 days to go and with availability showing, I'm surprised they haven't assigned a cabin yet. Who knows what they're waiting for. In any event, you'll have a cabin and as you said previously, any mini is a good mini. No need to be nervous; start packing. :D

Pia

With only 10 days to go and with availability showing, I'm surprised they haven't assigned a cabin yet. Who knows what they're waiting for. In any event, you'll have a cabin and as you said previously, any mini is a good mini. No need to be nervous; start packing. :D

Pia

No, no, availability only showed for a few days AFTER final payment was made, not now, sorry if you misunderstood me.

If you booked directly with Princess, it wouldn't hurt to call and find out what is going on. They may assign you a cabin when you call instead of having to wait until you get to the pier.

It never hurts to make a phone call - all they can do is say you will have to wait until boarding, but sometimes they'll give you an assignment.

If you booked with a TA, ask your TA to call.

Archived