is there a nude pool on carnival ecstacy

Even the ships that STILL have "funnel deck-adults only" areas aren't NEKKID, just topless! Is there even such a thing as a NEKKID pool on ANY cruise ship????

Donna

Newer NCL ships have a freestyle deck...clothing optional.

What's the big deal with a naked pool? Does anyone think the bathing suit is keeping anything hygienic out of the water? Puh-leeze....

why must we always ridicule someone that asks these types of questions....

so, maybe you don't want to see people naked, maybe some of us don't want to see you dressed....

to each his/her own....

OMG,they'd have to give that thing a good scrubbing before I'd sail after 'em. :eek:

It's not a specific ship...each year they charter an existing ship. I believe Carnival ships HAVE been part of their charters...

Personally I would not even book a cruise on any ship that allowed passengers to be nude on any deck. :mad: Surely, you are not serious. Morality cannot be legislated but when it is not expected, rampant Immorality will surely follow.:cool: Sorry, don't mean to preach but can you just imagine a bunch of old codgers like me running around (make that walking around) nude.:D Just the thought is enough to be sickening.:eek:

Sunbathing nude would not be my thing, but neither do I judge someone who enjoys doing so as being "immoral."

Morals have nothing to do with this.

Got the image of George on Seinfield saying "the water I had been swimming was very cold...when I dropped the towel their had been significant shrinkage..."

Questions like this can be answered (original post, not Pegs 222's) on one click to carnival.com or whatever cruise line your are sailing on...

5 posts, keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

Poor George, never could get a break. Have you seen the M&M commercial? Reminds me of George all the time. :eek:

There are just some people that should never be seen w/o some kind of covering.

He was justing being funny....Why does everybody like to argue lately on this board.....Its all just opinions...personally I wouldn't want everybody walking around nude either. Just calm down everybody. CHILL OUT !

He was trying to be funny in one comment about naked old codgers. But the :mad: :eek: :cool: don't reflect that sentiment elsewhere in his post.

No need for chilling out, I'm stating calmly my opinion about his statements about morals, which I have every right to do.

The OP asked a yes or no question, there was no need to attack their morality.

Our town has a hotel that has a "top less pool" it has a full wall around it with plexiglass so you can see in, but it is topless. I was talking to a person online onetime and she was europian. She read it to mean you could go topless. and she did.

to the OP. some of the responss you received were rude and some were just trying to be funny. Most people that would cruise on the ecstasy are from the BIBLE Belt area and would definately NOT enjoy the freedom or even want others to enjoy it. Most do not understand that nudism isn't about being "dirty" or hormonal. It's about a person desire to free themselves from bindings and enjoy themselves. I am not a nudist, although I do enjoy a good day around the house in a bathrobe from time to time. But I educated myself so that I wouldn't be prejudice about such issues.

Very well said.

IF Carnival ever did allow nude swimming :rolleyes: who on earth would want to clean the pool? Would the staff have to pick straws, shortest one gets the job? :eek:

Didn't you ever notice that big lever by the pool? At night they just push that down and it "flushes" the pool into the ocean. Then it refills. Sometimes they have to "jiggle" the lever to stop the refill from running over.

Dan

Didn't you ever notice that big lever by the pool? At night they just push that down and it "flushes" the pool into the ocean. Then it refills. Sometimes they have to "jiggle" the lever to stop the refill from running over.

Dan

Yes, in fact I was in the pool when they were draining it. It was during the day as we were leaving port. Not sure why they did that. I was just making a silly observation on who would clean the pool if there were a nude pool.

The bible belt conversation and whatever a person thinks a nude swimming pool should be allowed and to put the two in the same sentence is quite odd. You can either be for a nude pool or not, there is no reason to put religion in the mix.

You need to check out Bare necessities. They book the whole ship for just nudists.

Candi

OMG,they'd have to give that thing a good scrubbing before I'd sail after 'em. :eek:

Carnival has two charted in 2009. :eek: (along with other lines)

LOL um yuck just want i want to do is swim in the water with floating objects that fell outa nekid people lol :eek:

Do you often have stuff 'fall out of you' when you are naked??? :eek:

LOL um yuck just want i want to do is swim in the water with floating objects that fell outa nekid people lol :eek:

Are syou speaking from personal experience. If true, I hate to imagine what comes out of you when your are naked :eek: .

FYI: the next time you go to your local WalMart, you should look for something called "Depends"

IF Carnival ever did allow nude swimming :rolleyes: who on earth would want to clean the pool? Would the staff have to pick straws, shortest one gets the job? :eek:

Unfortunately the same, poor guy who has to clean them out after a toddler had an "oops" whilst wearing a swimming diaper. :cool:

Yes, in fact I was in the pool when they were draining it. It was during the day as we were leaving port. Not sure why they did that. I was just making a silly observation on who would clean the pool if there were a nude pool.

STEEERIKE!!!

I just smoked a high hard one right through your wheelhouse.:D

Dan

Are you for real? I would book an NCL cruise if I knew this were true.

Is this true on every ship?

Only on newer ships - I was on the Norwegian Jewel earlier this year and they had it. Small like the funnel deck, so if you're going to watch, they're won't be a whole lot of people, but the option is there. However, the rest of the cruise was so awful we would never sail NCL again...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=JEWEL

Look at deck 15 all the way forward....

Only on newer ships - I was on the Norwegian Jewel earlier this year and they had it. Small like the funnel deck, so if you're going to watch, they're won't be a whole lot of people, but the option is there. However, the rest of the cruise was so awful we would never sail NCL again...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=JEWEL

Look at deck 15 all the way forward....

Not topless but NUDE? I haven't heard that.

By the way I wouldn't go to watch, I would go to participate.

I was not trying to be funny. I was merely stateing what every conservative I know thinks. You know, MY REAL OPINION!!!! Unlike so many conservatives I am not afflicked with the I don't want to get involved disease. Not trying to upset anyone, however, facts or facts, and when when we let things we consider wrong happen anyway they will only get worse in time. I hope everyone has great cruises. I know we will.

Not topless but NUDE? I haven't heard that.

By the way I wouldn't go to watch' date=' I would go to participate.[/quote']

yes, clothing optional.

here's a previous post about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=618924

I wasn't judging (shocking for these boards, I know) - just letting you know that it was never crowded when we went, but there were no kids, which was reason enough to go :)

The question was a NUDE pool, not a top or clothing optional deck in a discreet location.

The pools are always close by the buffet. Knowing the look of the typical cruiser [self included]. With a NUDE pool the buffet might as well close down. Appetites would be ruined.:eek: Aren't the Speedos off-putting enough?

Dan

Archived