Where to stay in Miami

dnj628

Any suggestions on where to stay in Miami? Arriving evening before sailing and surfing the net for a hotel is making me crazy. We are not renting a car while there. We don't want super expensive but not bare minimum either. It's a weekend away without the kids so as the coordinator, I would like to make the entire trip special from the moment we board our aircraft until we are back in our own vehicle making our way home. :p

Any suggestions on where to stay in Miami? Arriving evening before sailing and surfing the net for a hotel is making me crazy. We are not renting a car while there. We don't want super expensive but not bare minimum either. It's a weekend away without the kids so as the coordinator, I would like to make the entire trip special from the moment we board our aircraft until we are back in our own vehicle making our way home. :p

We will be staying pre and post cruise at the Port of Miami holiday Inn. My TA has stayed there twice and she really liked it and it is right across from the port. There is some kind of shopping mall across from it which is suppose to be good. I went online and it seems like a nice hotel. We will be staying there in Dec 07,15/08

We decided on the Miami Hilton (formally the Radisson) but we needed a room for 6 and the Hilton had a suite available. I have also used Priceline and would not hesitate to do that again but this could not with a group of 6 in one room. Many suggestions on using Priceline for the first time and some fabulous deals on some of the upscale downtown Miami hotels. Enjoy your cruise and good luck finding your room. Also, the Hilton offers special packages to stay and cruise, providing a shuttle to the port. Check out their website and look for specials or packages on their site.

What date will you be there? What is your budget? You leave us guessing on what you want to spend. Offer us more info and we'll give you some ideas. If you are going to be there for just an evening, what would you like to do? Just eat out? Clubs? Shopping?

I booked the Miami Hilton for a September stay. But after reading reviews, I have doubts about staying here. Some say the neighborhood is a negative.

What about staying at the airport?

Are you talking about the Hilton on Biscayne Blvd?

If you are, this is a beautiful hotel, overlooking the bay. Right across from the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The hotel just underwent major renovations, after becoming a Hilton (used to be a Raddison). It is pretty close to downtown Miami and Bayside Market Place.

we ll also be at the POM Holiday Inn..closest hotel to POM and

Bayside is right across the street..

for the best pricing id go with Prliceline..ask for a 3 star..

any hotel in the downtown district is a easy cab ride to

the terminals..

Archived