Brooklyn Balcony Nosh?

cairascioci

Hi - We're sailing on the CB on the 28th. I was looking back at some "news" articles/press releases on the Princess site. Being a Brooklyn/Queens Native (transplanted to NJ) a press release from 2006 caught my eye...

The Crown was offering the "Brooklyn Balcony Nosh" at an additional charge of $7 for an authentic Nathan's hotdog with all the trimmings, a bottle of Brooklyn Brewery Premium lager and a slice of Juniors Cheescake. YUM, it doesn't get any better than that! My mouth is watering and I'm getting hungry just thinking of it!:D

I was wondering if anyone has noticed this offering on the CB room service menu? The press release specifically mentioned the Crown, but was hopeful that it might be offered on the CB also. That would be a great snack to order for sail away.

Thanks

Hi - We're sailing on the CB on the 28th. I was looking back at some "news" articles/press releases on the Princess site. Being a Brooklyn/Queens Native (transplanted to NJ) a press release from 2006 caught my eye...

The Crown was offering the "Brooklyn Balcony Nosh" at an additional charge of $7 for an authentic Nathan's hotdog with all the trimmings, a bottle of Brooklyn Brewery Premium lager and a slice of Juniors Cheescake. YUM, it doesn't get any better than that! My mouth is watering and I'm getting hungry just thinking of it!:D

I was wondering if anyone has noticed this offering on the CB room service menu? The press release specifically mentioned the Crown, but was hopeful that it might be offered on the CB also. That would be a great snack to order for sail away.

Thanks

We had that on the Crown, it was excellent. ;)

Not sure if the CB is doing it or not. :confused:

Apparently it is a special thing, just on the Crown Princess because her home base is Brooklyn. The CB is based in Florida. We did it, and it was fun, but it wasn't "great." The cheesecake was not a slice, but plastic bubble containing a small round individual cheesecake. IMO, the Princess signature cheesecake they serve in the dining rooms is so, so, so much yummier. But, we cruised her in the inaugural season, and my dh is an ex new yorker so we had to do it.

No matter what, you will have a tremendous trip sailing out of NY. It is spectacular to go under the Verrano narrows bridge and past the statue of Liberty. It takes your breath away and it is one photo-op after another.

have a wonderful cruise.

K

It was started to celebrate the sailings of the Crown out of the new Brooklyn, New York terminal in 2006.

The Crown is not homeported out of Brooklyn, all the ships are just out of their embarkation city on whatever iteniary they happen to be doing at the time.

It was more of a New York thing not specific to any ship so the Crown happened to be the first.

Now that the CB is doing the NY run Princess apparently chose not to continue it from the Crown days. :)

We sailed the Crown on July 5, 2007 and spent the night before at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. On the evening of the 4th we watched the fireworks from the concierge lounge and they threw a great party, including Nathan's Hot Dogs and the cheesecake too.

We attended the Chef's Table on the May 17th cruise out of Brooklyn which was the first for the Caribbean Princess. At the Chef's Table I mentioned this to the Maitre d'hotel and he seemed to know nothing about it. I told him that it was originally offered on the Crown Princess out of Brooklyn. Also what it was made up of. He seemed to be interested.

You would think this would be something passed along by Princess corporate as something to use to generate additional revenue.

Steve

We attended the Chef's Table on the May 17th cruise out of Brooklyn which was the first for the Caribbean Princess. At the Chef's Table I mentioned this to the Maitre d'hotel and he seemed to know nothing about it. I told him that it was originally offered on the Crown Princess out of Brooklyn. Also what it was made up of. He seemed to be interested.

You would think this would be something passed along by Princess corporate as something to use to generate additional revenue.

Steve

Was the MD a former Princess CSR????

Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

Archived