Will we like Carnival Miracle

We are planning a cruise for February 2009 to the Caribbean. Our last 7 cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and we love it. The only reason we are even thinking of another cruise line is because the itineraries are pretty much the same as in years past for Jan, Feb. and March on RC. We are looking at Carnival Miracle the St. Marteen, St. Lucia and St. Kitts intinerary. Anyone out there sailed on the Miracle that has been a loyal RC fan? Can we be happy after having taken all of our cruises on RC?

You will like it if not for the change.

We enjoyed trying RCCL after all our Carnival cruises. And while we were expecting something significantly different, there were more similarities.

One thing you can't do is compare the physical ships. RCCL win hands down. But I like the Spirit class ships the best.

Go enjoying seeking out the differences, you will have a ball, especially the overall cruising experience.

We are planning a cruise for February 2009 to the Caribbean. Our last 7 cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and we love it. The only reason we are even thinking of another cruise line is because the itineraries are pretty much the same as in years past for Jan, Feb. and March on RC. We are looking at Carnival Miracle the St. Marteen, St. Lucia and St. Kitts intinerary. Anyone out there sailed on the Miracle that has been a loyal RC fan? Can we be happy after having taken all of our cruises on RC?

The best thing to do is try it for yourself. I personally am over Carnival. Did it for many years and when I stepped out to try RCI's Navigator, I haven't looked back but you may like it. Just be ready for this when you eat in the Miracles dining room. I did read on the boards that Carnival has changed the pink lights to purple to more resemble grapes which is what they were intended to be.:eek:

RImg_9513_M1.jpg

RImg_9492_m1.jpg

That DR looks awful. I guess if you are blind you might like the carnival ship. Sorry I am a dedicated RCCL cruiser. Have been on one Carnival ship along time ago and won't go back. Been on 14 RCCL cruises and love them. I also like Celebrity.

Hi,

We sailed on the Miracle a few years ago and loved it. Nick & Nora's the specialty restaurant was EXCELLENT. Enjoyed it so much we dined there twice during a 7 night sailing. Food in the dining room and buffet was also good - as a matter of fact we liked it better than our last two sailings on the Explorer. Keep in mind that we sailed the Miracle a couple of years ago - so food quality and presentation might have changed - also food is a subjective thing - everyone has their own opinion!;)

Accomodations were great - we had two extended balcony cabins side by side and were allowed to have the balcony dividers open making a huge balcony for us to enjoy.

We enjoyed our Miracle sailing. Of course we will always be loyal to RCCL but if the Miracle offered 9 nights or longer we would definitely book the Miracle based on the wonderful experience we had. We were pleasantly surprised since we had sworn off Carnival after being disappointed on prior sailings on other ships. We booked the Miracle because family and friends had selected the sailing. And like I said - we were very happy with the Miracle.:)

The Spirit class is the only class ship that I like on Carnival. It did not feel as crowded and the traffic flow was very nice. It has a very good passesnger to space ratio which is not common on Carnival ships. I just am over the whole Carnival decor. After trying out other cruise lines over the last couple of years, I realize just how bad it is. The Spirit class does have some nice category 11 wrap around balcony suites on the aft area of the ship that are great.

That pic of the dining room in the daytime makes it look even worse. I really do not know what Joe Farcus was thinking when he designed that room.

I personally did NOT like the Miracle. It was the

worst cruise I have ever been on. The dining room

was gaudy, our waiter was simply just going

thru the motions of serving dinner, was not

personable or friendly, when they played the music

and it came time for them to dance, he HID

and was nowhere to be found. He told me one night

he was a waiter NOT a dancer! Had I known, I would

have asked to be changed to another table.

I thought the entertainment was just ok.

The hypnotist was a joke. We got up and walked out

in the middle of the show. I wrote on the comment

card- you actually pay this guy for that? there were

many nights with NOTHING to do.

We did sail the GLORY and loved it! The conquest

ships layout is better than the spirit. We had a

great waiter and William the dining room manager

was awesome!! Kissy Kissy..

he got the party started. the fish and chips,

food, chocolate fountain were awesome.

Last yr we changed to RCCL and went on the

Liberty.. this was the BEST CRUISE EVER.

everything about the sailing far exceeded

Carnival. The ship was breathtaking and there

was so much to do, I had trouble choosing what to do.

The shows were top notch.

We are getting ready to sail the Freedom next

week and cant wait!!!

I would choose the Freedom class on RCCL

over the Miracle any day.

We have sailed both and our best cruise ever was on Carnival. Had friends on the Miracle not long ago and they loved it. I would love to do the itineary you are looking at. Love sea days!!

Food and cabin outdoes RC. Try it and go with an open mind. We think there are more similarities. We like both lines!!

I have to agree that the Miracles dining room is scary and tacky. Definitely the weirdest decor of any dining room we have ever seen on a ship. But thats my opinion - I'm sure there are people who think the dining room is beautiful (:eek: ) Those photos brought back the memory of sitting under those grapes!!! Despite the decor - we enjoyed our meals.

I think the best thing to do is try it! Imagine if you never tried RCCL? You would be missing out on some of your best cruising experiences!!!!

Good luck and enjoy whatever decision you make! :D

My husband and I both love the Miracle. He says he liked the DR but I hated the DR. We had the best room steward(Nelson). If Carnival had a boat leaving NY in Dec. we would have been on that. I wait, impatient, for our cruise which is still 5 months away.

My take on Miracle...

The Spirit Class is the only class I like of Carnival ships. As a fan of RCI, I did enjoy my cruise on Miracle. Like what has been very well pointed out in this thread, Miracle is no exception to the typical Carnival gaudiness. But the service, food, and entertainment were excellent.

Comparing ships, Miracle (and Carnival in general) does not compare to RCI. But everything else is right in line.

We went on Carnival Liberty our last cruise. As we like to say we are coming back to RCCL from the dark side. Felt like we were in a hotel not a ship. In PR we docked next to LOS and yelled to them "Help we are on the wrong ship!!!".

I have to agree that the Miracles dining room is scary and tacky. Definitely the weirdest decor of any dining room we have ever seen on a ship. But thats my opinion - I'm sure there are people who think the dining room is beautiful (:eek: ) Those photos brought back the memory of sitting under those grapes!!! Despite the decor - we enjoyed our meals.

I think the best thing to do is try it! Imagine if you never tried RCCL? You would be missing out on some of your best cruising experiences!!!!

Good luck and enjoy whatever decision you make! :D

I was looking at the photos of the new Carnival Splendor and the dining rooms on that ship leaves a lot to be desired. Actually the entire ship decor leaves a lot to be desired but it isn't as bad as the Miracles dining room. Bart de Boer does a great job with photography. It helps this ship a little.

http://www.shipparade.com/

We sailed Carnival Miracle in June and also last June. We can drive to n.y. in four hours and it is a nice ship. They had just introduced a new d.r. menu and it was excellent. We have been on Jewel, Explorer, Voyager and Enchantment. RCL wins hands down on decor and we can't wait to sail Independence in Dec.

We went on Carnival Liberty our last cruise. As we like to say we are coming back to RCCL from the dark side. Felt like we were in a hotel not a ship. In PR we docked next to LOS and yelled to them "Help we are on the wrong ship!!!".

That happened to us when we were on the Triumph. We sat there and looked at the Navigator wishing we were on that ship. Came home and booked it.

I celebrated my 40th on the Miracle this past February. I've sailed with Carnival, Princess and NCL and the Miracle has been my favorite ship so far. I would highly recommend going to Nick & Nora's. We ended up eating there twice. The food was even better than the Chef's Table on Princess. The ship didn't seem as tacky as the photos make it out to be. I wouldn't have to think twice about sailing on the Miracle again. And that is a great itinerary by the way. Enjoy.

We sailed the Miracle in Aug. 07 and loved the food. I have sailed RCCL Explorer and found the food better on the Miracle. The service was better on the Explorer though. It is a beautiful ship and we are going back on her in Nov. 08. We just got off NCL Spirit two weeks ago. We had a great time, but will stick to RCCL.

Sorry you didn't like the Liberty, but we loved her. We were on her last October also on a cruise to Panama and Costa Rica. We like Carnival-it's a great price, the food is excellent and the service is great. I agree that the decor on all Carnival ships is a bit gaudy, but who cares-you're on a cruise ship!!

The Miracle is a wonderful ship with wonderful food and staff. So far, it has been my favorite ship.

People on this board are very pro royal so take the opinions with a grain of salt.

Asking this question on this board is like asking a redskins fan how bout dem Cowboys:D

The best thing to do is try it for yourself. I personally am over Carnival. Did it for many years and when I stepped out to try RCI's Navigator, I haven't looked back but you may like it. Just be ready for this when you eat in the Miracles dining room. I did read on the boards that Carnival has changed the pink lights to purple to more resemble grapes which is what they were intended to be.:eek:

RImg_9513_M1.jpg

RImg_9492_m1.jpg

OMG - I always heard that the Carnival ships are a little "loud", but those are even beyond what I had thought............................

Archived