hotel near lax?

Jean are you still here? ... wanted to also ask whether the El Segundo area is bummy or nice? We're thinking about the Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn on Mariposa, the Doubletree on East Grand, the Hacienda on Sepulvedo, and the Travelodge on Sycamore. They're all not as far from Venice Beach and Rodeo Dr. as the Redondo and Manhattan hotels. We arrive Friday after lunch and sail Sunday at 5. Wanted to drive in to Rodeo Sat am, and do Venice Beach Sat afternoon.

Thx,

-Bob

El Segundo has plusses and minuses. It's a nice bedroom community, but it is not only near LAX but the Hyperion sewage station as well, which means that when the wind shifts, it can get a little stinky. I took some review classes for the state Bar exam (lawyer, not mixing drinks) at the Hacienda, so I have bad memories of the place, but it's not the hotel's fault. Being right on Sepulveda, it's a little noisy. I think the Courtyards are nice properties generally, I don't know much about the others.

I'll check it out later - I'm leaving my office. You can also email me at critterchick1953@yahoo.com

Later!

Archived