Travel Steamer

illin

My wife has a ton of linen outfits...and she insists we must have some pressing option.

I found this little combo:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Travel-Steamer-10090/dp/B00065XWPE

Seems to have good reviews...but $20...hard to believe it will be decent.

Anyone have any recommendations?

You can not take irons on the ship (fire hazard), but they do have irons you can use in the laundry room.

My wife has a ton of linen outfits...and she insists we must have some pressing option.

I found this little combo:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Travel-Steamer-10090/dp/B00065XWPE

Seems to have good reviews...but $20...hard to believe it will be decent.

Anyone have any recommendations?

As mentioned this one has an iron as well.. not allowed on board.. they do provide irons in the laundry rooms.. why not try just a steamer.. something like ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steam-Buddy-Clothes-Steamer-NEW-IN-BOX-As-seen-on-TV_W0QQitemZ190237114430QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43514QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The ones in the laundry rooms are fine for your pressing needs....if you don't want to do your own pressing, your cabin steward will take your clothes for pressing. Everyone is correct -- No irons allowed in the cabins.

FWIW, HSN has a "my little steamer" by Joy Mangano (LOVE her Huggable Hangers and garment bag suitcase). The steamer comes with these little attachments (like a de-linter and stuff) and it comes apart so it can tuck into a corner in the suitcase.

Your Wife might want to learn about different materials for travel. Why would you want to spend valuable vacation time on ironing for a bunch of people you will never see again. There are some beautiful polyester skirts that do not look like the evil polyester that you can't wrinkle if you try. The other fun option are the crinkle skirts. They want to be rolled up! The great thing about skirts are that you can wear them for both day and night. Add a new top or a few accessories to the day outfit and you are good to go. I now pack less than my Husband!

Your Wife might want to learn about different materials for travel. Why would you want to spend valuable vacation time on ironing for a bunch of people you will never see again. There are some beautiful polyester skirts that do not look like the evil polyester that you can't wrinkle if you try. The other fun option are the crinkle skirts. They want to be rolled up! The great thing about skirts are that you can wear them for both day and night. Add a new top or a few accessories to the day outfit and you are good to go. I now pack less than my Husband!

You and I think alike!

I moved on to some new microfiber dockers that you can absolutely not wrinkle...cannot stain them either.

I dont know...she like linen stuff...so I have to come up with a solution. So the steward can iron for us? I assume if we offer him a 20 spot when we get settled in..he may be so inclined to iron once a day for a couple minutes?

So the steward can iron for us? I assume if we offer him a 20 spot when we get settled in..he may be so inclined to iron once a day for a couple minutes?

The steward wont iron your clothes, they have better things to do!

They will however have them taken to the ships laundry and you will be charged accordingly

Archived