The Spirit

I was wondering if anybody could start a thread about the Spirit. There is very little information about this ship. I will be going on it to Hawaii from Vancouver next year. Has anybody done this and how was it, I would love to see some pictures of the inside. We will have a balcony. I would really appreciate any information that we could get. Any pros and cons or secrets about this Ship. Thank you

Delores

I was wondering if anybody could start a thread about the Spirit. There is very little information about this ship. I will be going on it to Hawaii from Vancouver next year. Has anybody done this and how was it, I would love to see some pictures of the inside. We will have a balcony. I would really appreciate any information that we could get. Any pros and cons or secrets about this Ship. Thank you

Delores

My favorite class of Carnival ship. Cruised the SPIRIT to the lower Mexican Riviera last year out of San Diego. Beautiful ship. Any questions, ask away. Pics in my webshots (below).

You could also go to the ROLL CALL FORUMS . . . check under Carnival . . . check under SPIRIT and look for the date of your particular cruise . . .If there isn't one there . . . START ONE .:) Frequently cruisers that have taken your specific cruise will chime in and give you information. Plus many that are taking this cruise will share information with you.

Hello Deloresgardella!

Sailed on Spirit May 08, Hawaii and Alaska. Amazing hol, amazing ship! We didn't have a balcony and it didn't really bother us - but we are planning a hol to Europe in 2010 with Carnival and we may succumb there...!!!

This forum was a wealth of info before we sailed. You will find that you will think of things as you get closer to sail date - so post as questions arise and I'm sure you will have answers within a short time. Posting in the ports forum also allowed us to plan our excursions - they give you an idea of timeframes, eg, when we were in Hawaii, we desperately wanted to do the Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour - we wanted to fly over Kilalaeu Volcano. Unfortunately, Spirit has a shortened version out of Hilo - we wanted the one advertised from Kona. Will the help of this forums users we managed to do this amazing flight. It was something we will NEVER forget!! Another poster allowed us to gleen info from a site called www.seauonboard.com. It holds a wealth of info on the Carnival fleet. The food was excellent. We also had 2 memorable dinners in the Supper Club - we booked this on our sea days. We loved Hawaii. Couple of pics of Hawaii/Spirit. You will have a wonderful time!!

janette:D :D

SAILAWAY:

LEAVINGHAWAII.jpg

SPIRIT MOORED OFF KONA:

SPIRITJUSTOFFKONA.jpg

Delores

Have you seen the Spirit reviews. There are dozens from Hawaiian cruises over the years. That should give you some insight.

Here is the link

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=176

Delores

Maybe you just did!!! :D

If the moderators could change the title to "ALL ABOUT THE SPIRIT..." then it could become THE Spirit thread for all to enjoy ;) ??

We love the Spirit class ships and have sailed the Pride and Legend with the Spirit booked for February :D .

Sitting out by the aft pool at night with a DOD, listening to the ship move through the water is the BEST ;) !! Ahhhhh...it does not get any better than that!!

We love the Spirit class ships and have sailed the Pride and Legend with the Spirit booked for February :D .

Sitting out by the aft pool at night with a DOD, listening to the ship move through the water is the BEST ;) !! Ahhhhh...it does not get any better than that!!

We did the Vancouver to Hawaii last year and was a great cruise on a great ship. Liked the ship so much we are getting on her again in a couple of weeks for a Alaska Southbound.:D

I have been on the Spirit 4 times and have it booked twice more. I always feel at home on that ship. I first sailed her September 2001, she was only 4 months old and I got off her 3 days before 9/11. Shawn was and still is the cruise director. She claims she is going to retire and go home and have babies to make her mother happy. She is getting married to one of the ships engineers, she may have already done that. I will find out when I sail her again for the Thanksgiving cruise 2008.

The Spirit was the first of her class, and the first to introduce the Supper Club. In 2001, the Supper Club was also open for Lunch. It was $10.00 for Lunch and $15.00 for dinner. Same menu and same quality as today.

Club Cool always has an awesome Phillipino band playing tunes that you can dance to starting at the reasonable hour of 8:30-9:00, unlike some of the competitors that only offer the Disco at 11:00. I am 50 but I still like dancing to the old rock classics vs ballroom.

The Centrum Bar is the center of the ship. My DH and I often have our pre-dinner drink sitting there watching everyone getting their pictures. Whenever you sit there, you will eventually see someone you know, or you will meet a new friend.

OK folks, take it from there.

My favorite class of Carnival ship. Cruised the SPIRIT to the lower Mexican Riviera last year out of San Diego. Beautiful ship. Any questions, ask away. Pics in my webshots (below).

Great pictures! I want to go now!! Booking this next cruise 6 months out is going to drive me crazy with anticipation. We're on the Jan 15th sailing out of San Diego.

My DH and I have sailed on the Spirit twices. The first time was the Exotic Mexican Riviera. That was my DH's first cruise and he became a cruise addict like me. The second time was from Hawaii to Vancouver in 2006. That was a wonderful cruise. We plan on doing it again in the near future.

The Spirit is a beautiful ship. We love the Supper Club and everything about her. You will enjoy your trip.

My DH and I have sailed on the Spirit twices. The first time was the Exotic Mexican Riviera. That was my DH's first cruise and he became a cruise addict like me. The second time was from Hawaii to Vancouver in 2006. That was a wonderful cruise. We plan on doing it again in the near future.

The Spirit is a beautiful ship. We love the Supper Club and everything about her. You will enjoy your trip.

That's us in February ;) :D !!

Thanks everyone for all of your information. I have been talking to people on my roll call also. I am just really excited about going, more so now. The pictures that bella54 and LibertyCruiser posted are great. I will just be counting the days.

Delores

We have never been on Carnival so the Spirit to Mexico is October will be our first .. but we have friends that are interested in he Honolulu to Vancouver next year .. so I have been looking at it. It will depend on how we like the Spirit .. so I will read this thread with interest.

We have never been on Carnival so the Spirit to Mexico is October will be our first .. but we have friends that are interested in he Honolulu to Vancouver next year .. so I have been looking at it. It will depend on how we like the Spirit .. so I will read this thread with interest.

Sailed on the Spirit 3 times, once out of Miami and twice out of San Diego. She has to be the best ship on the Left Coast. Best crew and service. Out of 3 ships that I have had Supper Club, the one on the Spirit was the best by far.

Best time to get onboard Spirit is when she does the 2 week transition cruise in mexico and stops in La Paz. She makes this trip once or twice right before heading up to Hawaii.

Fred

I prefer the Spirit class ships, but the Spirit itself has always eluded me.

When we did the Hawaiian thing, they didn't even exist, so we did the Ensenada to Honolulu on the old Jubilee.

Having a balcony would have been HEAVEN. And aft wrap would have been NIRVANA.

WORD OF CAUTION: These longer trips bring out the OLDER crowd. And I do mean OLDER.

Carnival Spirit is a great ship. I've done both Alaska (round trip out of Vancouver) and the Mexican Riviera on Spirit. And I have another Alaska trip booked for September 09 and another MR booked for Feb 2010.

I'm also doing the Panama Canal on Pride (another Spirit class ship) in March 09.

I really want to do the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and am looking at September 2010 for that one.

I'm with CWcruisers on this one.....I just feel right at home on the ship.

Delores

I will be sailing on her in August. I will get back to you!

We've sailed the Spirit's 8-Day Mexican Riviera itinerary out of San Diego; one of the most relaxing cruises we've ever taken -- partially because of it's 2 days at sea at the beginning, and 2 days at sea at the end, and partially because, as southern California residents, we were able to take Amtrak to San Diego, eliminating the hassle of driving the freeways and parking for 8 days.

We are taking the Spirit from Vancouver to the Hawaiian Islands this September (counting down the days!) and really looking forward to it. It will be the first time we've had 5 consecutive days at sea, so we'll see if we enjoy it (we suspect we will)!

We are also booked on the Spirit's 8-Day MR out of San Diego again, for December 2009, for our 40th anniversary. We are booked in an aft wrap-around Cat. 11 suite on the Verandah deck for that cruise -- a special anniversary splurge.

One thing I remember (at least I'm pretty sure it was on the Spirit) was, in one of the hallways on the port side of the ship (Promenade Deck, perhaps?) was a map that showed the ship's current position, and various information about the sailing conditions. We found that interesting.

I will post a full review of the Spirit when I get back from our Alaska cruise, August 27, 2008. I will be on the Miracle August 5th so if there is something specific you want to know about the ship itself just let me know :)

Wondering if anyone has been in an aft wrap suite on the Spirit and did you notice how many electrical outlets there were? We are taking our IPOD and our little portable speakers and DH wants to put them out on the balcony. He figures he will probably need an extension cord but wants to know how long? Anybody have any idea?

I have been on over 25 cruises now but have NEVER been on Carnival. We decided to try Carnival - heard the food was great and we are sick of getting bad food on RCCL and Princess. We are doing a B2B out of San Diego (Mex. Riv.) this fall and we are getting SO excited after seeing all the pictures of the aft wraps!:D Has anyone done a B2B out of San Diego - how easy is it to get off in between the cruises?

Thanks for your help!

Canuck

Same here, we are Carnival virgins scheduled for December on the Spirit. :D :D

Archived