Oosterdam Deluxe Verandah Suite Suggestions Please

garydm

We have not sailed on a Vista class before. We have been on S and R with and without a suite. We are looking for recommendations for a trip to Alaska. Would appreciate your advice as to particular cabins and why. We are not mobility impaired and use the Neptune mainly for coffee, so absolute proximity is not critical. Thanks.

Gary

If you don't need proximity to the Neptune, you might want to consider a corner suite at the stern, overlooking the wake, if they're still available. See photos of similar suite on Westerdam, linked in my signature. The wake view is wonderful, and you can walk around to your side balcony to see the scenery alongside the ship. Of course, for the really scenic portions of an Alaska cruise you will probably want to relocate to somewhere where you can get as close to a 360 degree view as possible, or at least move from side to side in case a whale pops up!

Have a fabulous cruise!

I was recently in an "S" suite and my only minor issue was being "too" close to the Neptune -- was right across the hall, and there was quite a bit of noise from the door to the lounge being constantly opened and closed -- particularly in the early morning hours.

Thanks for the input. Did you notice vibration at that far aft? We have not had this problem with HAL on other cabins, but have on Crystal.

Gary

We did when we were on deck 4 on the Zuiderdam. It was our first aft corner but we booked it about 2 weeks before the sailing so we didn't have a lot of choices. By the end of the week we were very used to the vibration so it wasn't that bad.

We loved the aft so much we have booked several more but higher up. Deck 7 on the Noordam and deck 6 on the Westerdam. We will have 7132 on our upcoming Oosterdam cruise in October.

You can get some soot and trash from the Lido pool area - mainly limes and straws. The nice thing is the cabin steward cleans it up in the morning, but if you like to eat breakfast out there you'll have to clean up your self. We also usually put a towel down on the chairs if there is soot.

We have been on the Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam and have always booked a suite very near to the Neptune Lounge.

We just did 26 days on the Westerdam in April/May directly across from the Neptune Lounge and had no issues with the door slamming and making noise.

That is our prefered area to have a suite.

We loved the aft so much we have booked several more but higher up. Deck 7 on the Noordam and deck 6 on the Westerdam. We will have 7132 on our upcoming Oosterdam cruise in October..

My favorite suite, I always sail in that one! I'll be in it again on 10/25, enjoy! :)

Archived