aft balcony cabin vs. midship balcony cabin

I posted this in other locations, so if you have already answered it, thanks. If not here is the question: Also, I have already been sent the virtual aft deck plan which is helpful http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voya...aft/aftFR.html

The cabin(s) that are available are: 9690/9390 so...here is the question:

We are planning to cruise with RCCL on the Voyager next summer. We have been on both the Explorer and the Adventurer, so we're familiar with the ship. We have the opportunity to have a corner aft balcony for the same cost as a midship balcony cabin. Opinions wanted on the advantages and disadvantages of the aft balcony (we have always had a mid-ship balcony). Thanks in advance. .

I guess this is a real matter of personal preferences.

While I know many people love the aft. balconies and would hardly cruise in anything else I don´t really care for them at all.

To me a midship location is the most desirable one though I have to admit I never had an aft. I like to be midships because of the convenient location and being right in the middle of everything. I hate to walk along those long cabin hallways. The advantage of huge balcony is something I don´t need as I usually cruise as a single and what large of a balcony do I need? So the larger balcony doe not weigh off the more convenient location of midship.

But of course that is only my opinion and others see it way differently.

I posted this in other locations, so if you have already answered it, thanks. If not here is the question: Also, I have already been sent the virtual aft deck plan which is helpful http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voya...aft/aftFR.html

The cabin(s) that are available are: 9690/9390 so...here is the question:

We are planning to cruise with RCCL on the Voyager next summer. We have been on both the Explorer and the Adventurer, so we're familiar with the ship. We have the opportunity to have a corner aft balcony for the same cost as a midship balcony cabin. Opinions wanted on the advantages and disadvantages of the aft balcony (we have always had a mid-ship balcony). Thanks in advance. .

The best balconies are the AFT, larger, you can see both sides of the ship from the AFT. I would jump at this opportunity. Getting more for your money....

The balconies for 9390 and 9690 are NOT as big as the center aft balconies and have no shade with the exception of one wide beam down the center. These balconies only have room for 1 lounger and are rather crowded with 2 additional chairs and small table. They are triangular, rather than rectangular as the middle aft balconies which have 2 loungers and plenty of extra room for the chairs and table. Also, there is no double sliding glass doors on those cabins. There is a regular door with only the top portion glass. And even with the large porthole style window, these cabins are darker than other cabins because of not having the double glass doors. I love aft balconies...but I don't care for these two. The only good thing is that you do have both an aft and side view. I just feel these balconies are too cramped for me.

We had a corner aft on EOS on 7 and the balcony was indeed huge! We've also experienced the midship balcony. Both are very nice but different. The corner aft was so big, but we didn't use it too much as we were on the cruise with others. DH felt the vibration was a bit much on the aft sometimes. When we had the midship balcony, we used it more, but I think it was because we were on vacation alone. In truth, since the aft corner, we decided to go back to inside. Some say they could never do it. We've found that we sleep better and cruise more (saving $$$). Just our experience. :D

I love a mid-ship location. Convenient to the elevators and you feel less motion in the middle of the ship.

Although I have never had an aft cabin (by choice), I don't think I would only be able to see where I've been.....I think it would be a very strange sensation.

We had a midship balcony on Navigator and an aft balcony on Mariner.

In our opinion the aft was the best.

First of all it was larger.

Secondly, the beauty and quiet of the aft area was amazing.

You are more secluded back there as there are not as many balconies stacked above and around you.

You should know that on the Voyager Class, the aft balconies are recessed from the actual aft of the ship. This improved my comfort level but still left us with a wonderful relaxing retreat.

Although I have never had an aft cabin (by choice), I don't think I would only be able to see where I've been.....I think it would be a very strange sensation.

Sorry, I left out a word...what I meant to say was that I don't think I would like to only be able to see where I've been......

Archived