carnival.com

terri910

Am I the only one that seems to have difficulty navigating Carnival's website?

Earlier this week, we booked another Carnival cruise -- this one for December of 2009. I was just looking at the Carnival website, checked out our current booking (still no cabin assignment, yet -- 66 days away from sailing, still, so I guess that isn't unusual).

I clicked on the red "View All" button in the "Booking #" field, and there was only our upcoming Sept. '09 cruise listed. I clicked on the "Add a booking" when the "My bookings" box came up, and filled in the info for the 2009 booking.

But the new booking I just added still isn't showing up under "My bookings"....

....does it take a while for it to show up? What are they doing, confirming that I really have that booking?

Earlier this week, we booked another Carnival cruise -- this one for December of 2009. I was just looking at the Carnival website, checked out our current booking (still no cabin assignment, yet -- 66 days away from sailing, still, so I guess that isn't unusual).

I clicked on the red "View All" button in the "Booking #" field, and there was only our upcoming Sept. '09 cruise listed. I clicked on the "Add a booking" when the "My bookings" box came up, and filled in the info for the 2009 booking.

....does it take a while for it to show up? What are they doing, confirming that I really have that booking?

Did you book the new cruise with Carnival direct or with a TA?

Your clock shows a Sept 08 booking. Is that the one that shows up?

I booked the Splendor in Aug 07 For March 09. It did not show on the website until March 08. It may not show up until a year before sailing.

Have you paid in full for that cruise?

I don't think it's listed until after final payment.

The deposit alone doesn't trigger the website to show your cruise.

Thats not true. I booked a cruise for Nov 08 with a TA and I added the booking number I was given and it is showing on the website. Also I haven't even paid the full deposit yet.

I booked my 2009 cruise through a TA and I was able to put in my booking # immediately after my deposit was processed and it showed up fine...I DID have to put the # in manually. I haven't paid in full yet.

Everytime we've made a reservation through our TA, I've put the booking number immediately into the website and it shows there with only the deposit being made and twice now about 20 months before the cruise. We've done a group cruise twice and the cabin number won't show until about 30 days out, but everything else is there.

Have you paid in full for that cruise?

I don't think it's listed until after final payment.

The deposit alone doesn't trigger the website to show your cruise.

We've been able to view our Sept. '08 cruise (sorry, I said '09 before) for a long time, and it was just paid in full at the end of June.

Your clock shows a Sept 08 booking. Is that the one that shows up?

I booked the Splendor in Aug 07 For March 09. It did not show on the website until March 08. It may not show up until a year before sailing.

Yes, sorry, I said '09 earlier, but that was a typo.

Our booking closest to sailing is this September ('08), and then we have also booked a Dec. '09 sailing, and it's THAT one that doesn't show up yet.

Perhaps it is because it is so far out.

But I enjoy going on to the website occasionally and checking the countdown and telling my husband, "Only 150 more days!" (or whatever it happens to be).

Today, I tell him, "Only 66 more days!"

As soon as we've completed that cruise, it's nice to have "X" amount of days until we cruise again!

Archived