Christmas and New Year

Has anyone cruised over Christmas/New Year?

We are booked on the Explorer on 21st Dec, wondered what we can expect?

Also wondered what the weather would be like on the first couple of days as we cruise from New Jersey and our first port of call is on day 3.:)

wecome to cruise critic and the cruise..there is a thread for this cruise, see below, so on by and join us for our meet and mingle.

While i have never sailed out of NJ...many on the thread/board have...from what I've read, it seems chilly the first day out and last day back.

while no real outside swimming, plenty to do inside.

i have sailed during xmas, last year and rci does it up nice...very relaxing, everyone is nice and 12 nights cruising..can't be beat.

come on over to our thread and say hi.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531165

this coming december it will be our 3rd new years cruise and we've done several christmas cruises. let me preface this by saying that we're jewish so we are not looking for the same thing on a christmas cruise as others might be:rolleyes:

having said that.......the ships are beautifully decorated, there are christmas eve and christmas day services.....carolling occurs on the promenade.......santa pays a visit and there is a traditional roast dinner.

new years onboard is very festive.....the whole ship gets dressed up and is gathered around a giant screen. there is music and dancing.. when it is a minute from new years......the screen starts the countdown. when it is new years.....100's of balloons and streamers are released from the ceiling. after growing up in new york.... these new years cruises are the closest you can get to the being in times square:)

Archived