Warning to Parents who travel with Kids!

cantwait2cruize

My mom took me on my first cruise when I was 10... I've talked her into joining us on our next cruise at... well... she's coming. :p This will be the fourth trip I've been able to enjoy with her since I began travelling as an adult. It was especially nice to have her along on our first cruise as a family - my husband and daughter's first - two years ago. I LOVE travelling with my mom; it just feels 'natural' because we've done it so many times in my life. We invite her on every trip we plan, and are always disappointed when she declines.

So take heart! Addicted they may become, but that doesn't mean you won't be welcome - and encouraged - to go along!! :)

I look at it this way.....I'm taking care of them now.....

and when I get older they should be taking care of me. I provided lots of entertainment, which included cruises......they should, too! :D

OK, that was just funny. Laughed so hard I started to cough. I've explained to my kids many many times how it works. They choose to ignore me. They feel that since I've been paying for them since they were small that I should continue to pay .... and now THEY have kids. Next year my DH and I are going on a cruise - and I refuse, absolutely refuse to take my kids. My grandson will however be joining us. :D This will be his fourth...:rolleyes:

If they are evil enough to forget about you, just remind them that you have the right to spend their inheritance cruising without them.

AMEN!!!

You've heard the phrase, "The person who dies with the most toys wins" right? Well, I'm changing it up: "The person who dies having done the most cruises wins!"

I've already told my children (at least my oldest who is 14) that she had better not put me in a nursing home, I want to live on a cruise ship. . . it's cheaper and has everything I will need. (And she can come visit me, too!);) :D

I've already told my children (at least my oldest who is 14) that she had better not put me in a nursing home, I want to live on a cruise ship. . . it's cheaper and has everything I will need. (And she can come visit me, too!);) :D

Great idea! I don't want to live in a nursing home either but hadn't thought of this geni:D us idea.

Oh no i love to cruise with my parents, i have been traveling with them since i turned 21, now being 29 i have been on 3 cruise's with them, Me and my DH will be cruising labor day week and we are taking our 12 month old son, besides that this will be my first trip with my inlaws and there first cruise, I feel you only live once and my parents raised me to enjoy what i have and (we) do and i will pass it alond to my DS and i know he wont remember this trip at least (we) will and i hope i have many more trips with my parents. Though lets see how my inlaws like it!!

Archived