All this talk of smuggling alcohol... do they search you?

wooknook

A bottle of liquor purchsed on board might cost as much as $10 more than one bought on shore.

you must be paying exorbitant prices on shore for your liquor - i have seldom seen anything available on any cruise ship in a set up for less than $60

you must be paying exorbitant prices on shore for your liquor - i have seldom seen anything available on any cruise ship in a set up for less than $60

Why are you talking about set-ups? There is no problem bringing soft drinks and/or mixers on board with you. And, I've never seen anywhere near that large a difference between liquor prices on board vs. ashore.

The basic point is that NCL holds down its cruise fares for everyone and tries to make up for that by charging high prices for bar drinks - also the endless marketing of bingo cards, Crackits (sp?), etc. If all the drinkers succeed in depriving NCL of their admittedly outrageous drink prices, then ultimately NCL will adjust their fares. There is no such thing as a victimless scam -- yes, it is more like lying to an insurance company on a claim than simply stealing from a neighbor -- but it is failing to live up to the passenger's side of the deal when he bought the ticket.

actually, I think is more line $100 - $120 on Celebrity now. Atleast 3x the cost in store.

4. I don't smuggle liquor because I like to cheat

Ok I do. :o Well not actually cheat. I like the challenge of smuggling it on and finding different methods. I think of it as research. In fact, I have been known to smuggle booze on board, only to take the unopened bottle home w/us (um....now that I think about it, this is true for almost every cruise we have been on! Maybe it just means I smuggle a lot.)

On the last night of the cruise we have been known to host the "Finish all the alcohol party" where we well, finish all the alcohol! (A good time is had by all...)

As for the "Naughty Room". DH was called to it on the Galaxy. He thought it was for the smuggled booze. It was actually for the fishing knife he brought along. Turns out they didn't care about the booze in the luggage (and let us take it back to the room with us!)

Before anyone gets their panties twisted...our alcohol tab on board is usually ...well BIG. DH likes to drink w/his favorite bartender (who is not me) mixing them.

I ran across a bra with built in flasks, it's called "the Wine Rack" It holds 750ml and increases your cup size by two times. I have just ordered one and plan on using it to sneak on vodka! They also make a "Beer Belly" for men! They cost about $30.00. My husband and I always end up spending way too much money on alcohol! We are cruising on RC. I wish they had a bar package like Princess! RC only has the wine package! We are on a 17 night cruise, I may order a Beer Belly for my husband!

On Princess you are allowed to carry on wine and beer. I have bought a bottle of Bacardi in port and put it through the security check in it`s carrier bag. Nobody said a word.

I was unaware that RCL allowed you to buy a bottle in a bar and take it to your cabin. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you

A bottle of wine I know you can. Never saw or heard of anyone able to buy liqour to take to the room. But you can carry those bottles of wine around anywhere you want from what I saw on the last cruise.:)

It all depends on your cruise ship. Carnival allows 2 (large) bottles of wine per couple. At least that is what we were told by our RCI booking agent. We did this on our first cruise last year and again in July, and never had a problem. We never tried to bring any aboard from a port though. All they would do is save it for you if you were caught. All bags and purses go through an x-ray machine.

What is with everyone here? Smuggling is against the law! You are bragging about breaking the law and on a public board. Smuggling is smuggling whether is is drugs, booze, or anything else and you are breaking the law. Do you raise your kids with this same disregard of the law and rules? No wonder there is so much crime and messed up folks today. If you can't afford to buy drinks on the cruise maybe you really can't afford the cruise either and you should just stay home and drink there!

I find this thread disgusting!

What is with everyone here? Smuggling is against the law! You are bragging about breaking the law and on a public board. Smuggling is smuggling whether is is drugs, booze, or anything else and you are breaking the law. I find this thread disgusting!

Oh per-leez...........

When did prohibition end?

Oh per-leez...........

When did prohibition end?

Guess you didn't understand what you read. This has nothing to do with prohibition, alcohol is allowed and sold on the ships, it is NOT prohibited.

It has to do with the law and breaking it.

I was very gently trying to point out that you are devaluing your argument somewhat when you are equating a 'rule breaking activity' with an ILLEGAL activity. Since the practice of consuming alcohol is legal, bringing your own alcohol falls into the former category.

What is with everyone here? Smuggling is against the law! You are bragging about breaking the law and on a public board. Smuggling is smuggling whether is is drugs, booze, or anything else and you are breaking the law. Do you raise your kids with this same disregard of the law and rules? No wonder there is so much crime and messed up folks today. If you can't afford to buy drinks on the cruise maybe you really can't afford the cruise either and you should just stay home and drink there!

I find this thread disgusting!

I think that if you find this thread disgusting, you need to ignore it and not post and not read further.

I think that if you find this thread disgusting, you need to ignore it and not post and not read further.

So, because I don't agree with you, I'm not allowed to post here giving an opinion that differs from yours. I don't recall saying the thread was disgusting, rather "smuggling" and thus breaking the rules is what I find disgusting.

Too bad you think breaking rules and laws is silly. Although alcohol is legal and illicit drugs are not (possession of illicit drugs is breaking the government laws and bringing alcohol on board is breaking the ships rules). Too bad you don't think I know the difference. It's too bad you think the rules don't apply to you and I wonder if you feel that way about government laws as well.

** takes a very deep breath ** PLEASE read my previous comment - i said your analogy was silly (which it is). I did NOT say breaking rules and laws is silly. That very comment in itself is nonsensical and meaningless. When did I say that the rules don't apply to me? I refer back to my original comment that to equate the breaking of a law with a rule dreamt up by a cruise line devalues your original harangue some hours ago.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, just use some logic in your postings that's all. And if you are intending to respond, please don't misquote me and thus attribute something without foundation.

Archived