LaQuinta Miami Airport East

TanIslandGirl

Can anybody give me their opinion of their stay at LaQuinta, Miami Airport East @ 3501 NW LeJeune? Thanks...

This hotel is not in a tourist area by any means, it is more of a warehousing/industrial area right by the airport. If you will be driving in Miami, you should be ok, however if you are thinking of walking around, this is not an area I would recommend.

We have a reservation there in December after a good experience at a La Quinta in Hollywood FL. There is a Bennigan's across the way and they say that you can have pizza, etc. delivered. Most reviews I've seen say it's perfect for the night before a cruise, especially with the free breakfast and free p/u at airport and shuttle to ship.

floridacruiser 63 was right. It's okay to stay at if you arrive late in the day, and you can have pizza, etc. delivered, or go to Bennigans right in front of the hotel. Just know you can hear the planes going overhead until 11:00 pm, since you are right next to the airport. They did have a nice breakfast and the rooms seemed clean.

:) Thank you all for your help. As long as the rooms are clean I can deal with the rest. The planes flying over is something we are used to here at home. We have the Army National Guards 105th Airlift Wing right near our house so we hear those huge C5A's going over quite often.

We are arriving early in the day, the day prior to our cruise & wont be venturing out around town much, so we should be OK. Thanks again for your answers I feal better hearing from you all.

We stayed there this past Jan. As mentioned before is is OK for 1 night. We spent the afternoon sunning by the pool. It was loud, we did not mind because it sure beat the freezing weather back home. We had pizza & salad delivered. There is a nice area for breakfast so we ate our pizza there.

It was very clean and the staff were friendly & helpful. They have a free shuttle from the airport and then to the port the following morning. They got us to port early and we were on the ship by 11:45.

Enjoy your cruise.

I forgot to mention the shuttle to the port was the best shuttle we have ever used from any hotel. They had a full sized bus (like Greyhound) and they had luggage put in compartments according to the ship people were going to. Very efficient. We'd been taking taxis to the port from other hotels because they usually don't have big enough vans for everyone to go but this was super!

• 4 weeks later...
floridacruiser 63 was right. It's okay to stay at if you arrive late in the day, and you can have pizza, etc. delivered, or go to Bennigans right in front of the hotel. Just know you can hear the planes going overhead until 11:00 pm, since you are right next to the airport. They did have a nice breakfast and the rooms seemed clean.

Hi, Geema, a neighbor from Plymouth, MI. As you can see, I'm from Belleville, MI.

Question for recent visitors to LaQuinta Airport East.

We stayed there 2 years ago (Jan. 2006) when it was Baymont Inn and were very pleased, especially with Bennigan's practically in the parking lot. My question is, with Bennigan's in bankruptcy and only franchises open, is this Bennigan's still open? If not, we'll be having pizza delivered.

Hi, Geema, a neighbor from Plymouth, MI. As you can see, I'm from Belleville, MI.

Question for recent visitors to LaQuinta Airport East.

We stayed there 2 years ago (Jan. 2006) when it was Baymont Inn and were very pleased, especially with Bennigan's practically in the parking lot. My question is, with Bennigan's in bankruptcy and only franchises open, is this Bennigan's still open? If not, we'll be having pizza delivered.

Pizza it will be! According to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=818247&page=2&highlight=Bennigans the Bennigans is closed :( .

Archived