Miracle 7/12-7/20

surbish

Couldn't really be bothered with reading this whole thread, got the jist of what was going on from the first page. I had to chime in, however.

Miami - We sailed on the Miracle in April. My husband has tattoo sleeves on both his arms and wore short sleeves every night to dinner including "elegant" night without a problem. So, not quite sure why they would have pointed your family member out?

I, personally, thought the ship was great and the crew was excellent! We're booked to sail on her again in May 09 and can't wait.

You know what they say about opinions. And everyone is entitled to them.

Jleo77 - You're 100% correct!

2 things I find funny about all of this.

#1 - How people can share the same experience and come away with such different opinions. I loved this cruise. It was my first Carnival and second overall. I would go back in a second. I read the critical reviews and can't believe we were on the same boat. But often times its just a little personal experience that sours the whole trip for people.

#2 - The need some people have to defend the experience. Who cares if somebody didn't like the trip and would never return. That's their choice. It seems like, if you read between the lines, some people take it as a personal insult that somebody is criticizing their choice of ships or lines. To each his own.;)

I agree with this but you only have 13 posts here so be careful... people with many more posts will not agree with you:D

Surbish it sounds like you had a good cruise but not what you were hoping for

I sailed the Miracle in May and thought it was great...not perfect but great.

I agree with everyone who states have an open mind and make the best of your vacation...if you cannot do that send me the money and I will;)

Just my 2 cents...

Sailed the Miracle last year and going again in October...:D

I loved the cruise..with lots of relaxation....

I found the staff very nice and food very good...

Liked the size and layout of the ship...

Loved the bedding and room layout..

Yes--there were some very annoying passengers..(but then ..there are some on every cruise:rolleyes: )

#2 - The need some people have to defend the experience. Who cares if somebody didn't like the trip and would never return. That's their choice. It seems like, if you read between the lines, some people take it as a personal insult that somebody is criticizing their choice of ships or lines. To each his own.;)

I totally agree!

I agree with #1 but I am not in total agreement with you on #2. The way I look at things is if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing. I really wish CC would not have member reviews or allow review post because it is just one person's opinion.

But if you read some of the post on this thread, it instills doubt in those about to sail, and that's not necessary. We should all board our cruise ship with stars in our eyes and hope in our hearts and roll with the punches.

So all reviews should be one sided, all in favor of the cruiselines:confused:

Reviews are very helpful. What would bother me might not bother you.

So if I read several reviews mentioning the same thing and I know it would bother me I will look at other options. I pay way to much for my vacations not to do extensive research;)

three. two carnivals and one Royal. One of the carnival ships was docked over by the Royal Carribbean ship, and ours was wayyy far away...you couldn't even see the other ships till you got to the shopping areas.

They were working on the central pier, which is why we didn't dock ont he other side near the mall and where the other ships were. Normally they do port this ship there.

It must be the same one as his name is Frankie Van. He was very arrogant, loud and annoying.

Personally I loved Frankie, we had some dining room issues and he was attentive to them and did his best to make sure we were taken care of.

I'm just hoping that problems brought forth on this site were also put on the comment cards where they will do the most good.

Kurbanfan, my real issue, as I am sure you know because you are an experienced cruiser and poster, is that these comments sometimes take on a life of their own and can become quite construed. I also do not understand the need to declare "I will never sail on this line again."

I'm just hoping that problems brought forth on this site were also put on the comment cards where they will do the most good.

Kurbanfan, my real issue, as I am sure you know because you are an experienced cruiser and poster, is that these comments sometimes take on a life of their own and can become quite construed. I also do not understand the need to declare "I will never sail on this line again."

Oh I agree! But I think most people can weed thru a good/bad review and get a good idea of some of the real problems going on if any at all. I have even received info from good reviews on here that I know I would not appreciate on my cruise.

I believe the reason threads take on a life of their own is because some people get defensive and don't like to hear that someone else didn't have as much fun as them. That I don't understand.

They only have canned soda, so with the card, you get it one glass at a time. It's not quite a full can's worth, but you can go back as often as you want.

As far as Frankie goes, I understand he may indeed not be the same person as Mr. V. They sure sound very similar though!

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. One couple we went on the Royal Carribbean cruise hated it...they said for us to try carnival and see what a "real" cruise was like. But then, they have teenagers, love the noise, the crowds by the pool (they refused to go to the adult pool, called it an "old geezer pool" because there was no loud music). They didn't like the whole "elegant" thing...they liked the party thing. It depends on what you *like*.

Now, as for cruise reviews, isn't that what this site is for? I know when I was going on carnival, I came here and got lots of good tips from people who have been there before. Maybe someone will see my post about the lido deck being very noisy and disturbing at times to those on deck 8 and will get a better location because of it! I know that I booked a cabana for Grand Turk *immediately* upon reading about how few there were and how quick they went especially knowing (from reading here) that there would be another ship in port 2 hours prior to us. It made all the difference in the world for our day, and we had the BEST time on grand turk because of people like you and I who share their experiences, good and bad. We felt sad watching people walk around and around trying to find seats together and we were glad we had a nice cabana with the ceiling fan and table and chairs...thanks to you guys who tipped us off!

Maybe the next person who has an issue with the photo people will go find Marcus because they read how helpful he was, and maybe they will come away with a smile because of it.

So lighten up folks, carnival is a cruise line....not something to be "loyal" to, but to enjoy, help others to enjoy and yes, at times, warn them off of some of the less pleasant things that are *bound* to occur.

:)

Archived