If You Upgrade from Interior to Balcony....,

I'm currently booked in an inside cabin and was wondering if I upgrade to a balcony (paying for it) will I have to pay the current fuel surcharge or will I still be kept at the fuel surcharge cost that it was when I booked my inside cabin.

We will be on the Granduer next August. Thanks

Perhaps if you upgrade, you can keep the current charge. I'm fairly sure that other changes, such as a price drop, will only be done (or refunded) once the new surcharge has been collected.

I just got a price drop on Celebrity and the surcharge did not increase.

The search is down and I saw this thread related to cabin upgrades. We are booked for Interior room and want to try to upgrade to oceanview to surprise DH. Would we have to do this before trip is PIF? I assume I would have to call RCCL to make a change like this?

Perhaps if you upgrade, you can keep the current charge. I'm fairly sure that other changes, such as a price drop, will only be done (or refunded) once the new surcharge has been collected.

Absolutely INCORRECT, they do not increase the surcharge to give you a price drop.

I tried to upgrade two weeks ago and I was told I had to pay the higher fuel surcharges. I was paid in full and wanted to upgrade categories (actually from inside to inside, but to a higher deck). The prices had gone down, however with the difference in the fuel charge, Crown and Anchor and my travel agent told me I would have to pay more.

I was disappointed. So now there are no more quad cabins available even if I could call them on the mistake.

We'll have fun anyway, down in the bowles of the ship!

:)

I tried to upgrade two weeks ago and I was told I had to pay the higher fuel surcharges. I was paid in full and wanted to upgrade categories (actually from inside to inside, but to a higher deck). The prices had gone down, however with the difference in the fuel charge, Crown and Anchor and my travel agent told me I would have to pay more.

I was disappointed. So now there are no more quad cabins available even if I could call them on the mistake.

We'll have fun anyway, down in the bowles of the ship!

:)

I am sorry but your TA lied to you, I am one and have done several in recent weeks with no increases in the fuel charges for both upgrades and for price drops. I check my clients bookings everyday. I suspect your TA just didn't want to do the work. It is a shame that some give the rest of us a bad rap.

Archived