Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale

Athena1026

Ok Just booked an MSC cruise from Ft. Lauderdale for 14. All family, all in FL. Will be meeting early AM at in the Orlando area. Any suggestions on an affordable way to get 14 (and Luggage, 9 cruise virgins sooo..you know how luggage could be.)to Ft. Lauderdale, without the parade of cars?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Maybe arrange for a small bus /driver hire?

Call a bus company in Orlando area and inquire if they could do such a rental. Even allowing for the fact the driver needs to do a round trip you might find the price not that bad per person.

Ok Just booked an MSC cruise from Ft. Lauderdale for 14. All family, all in FL. Will be meeting early AM at in the Orlando area. Any suggestions on an affordable way to get 14 (and Luggage, 9 cruise virgins sooo..you know how luggage could be.)to Ft. Lauderdale, without the parade of cars?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Maybe. http://www.connect2cruise.com/

As a previous poster suggested, try the cruise connection bus. It's likely to be the most economical choice. We use them whenever we go. I did get prices recently on a van/limo for a group of 7 for a shorter distance than Orlando-Fort Lauderdale and the cheapest quote for a van was $445 each way, $1,000 each way for the hummer limo. Another option is to check what Southwest offers for flights from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. Sometimes you can get them cheaper than the bus. Last I looked, the bus was in the $85 range (round trip).

Frankly, I think the cheapest way would be to rent 3 cars. Maybe put 5 people in 2 cars and 4 people in a 3rd car. You can rent a car from Orlando to FLL for less than $40 for less than 24 hours.

We were looking into flying into Orlando to spend a couple of days and then drive to FLL. Rental cars were really reasonably priced.

I personally had bad experiences with my drive from MCO to FLL ... but it was during spring break and there was horrid road construction. However, I was not comfortable with the rental car and it definitly was not the best way to start a vacation.

Archived