Turkish Visa in Kusadasi-Where?

Where can we purchase a visa in Kusadasi? We are arriving by ship. And yes, we must purchase it there, no options except in advance in the US. I have read every thread on Turkish Visas...no one has specified a location in Kusadasi.

Joe

Where can we purchase a visa in Kusadasi? We are arriving by ship. And yes, we must purchase it there, no options except in advance in the US. I have read every thread on Turkish Visas...no one has specified a location in Kusadasi.

Joe

the ship should organise it for you.

Joe

Are you flying out of Turkey?

If you are just stopping on a cruise you do not need a Visa unless it depends on your citizenship.

http://www.turkishembassy.com/II/K/visa_requ.htm

Read the 3 rd column

Cruiseship passengers cruising in and out of Turkey and not exceeding 24 hours at each shore do not require a tourist visa.

Joe, if you are not beginning or ending your cruise in Turkey you do not need a visa if you are from the United States. The only exception is if your ship is overnighting there and rather than staying on the ship you are staying on land at a hotel.

Is your cruise ending in Turkey?

Keith

Sorry, there is no way not to sound abrupt, but I thought the question was very clear...I know all the options, and I just need to know if there is a visa office in Kusadasi and where? Please don't question the question!

Joe

Sorry, there is no way not to sound abrupt, but I thought the question was very clear...I know all the options, and I just need to know if there is a visa office in Kusadasi and where? Please don't question the question!

Joe

My suggestion is that you contact the Turkish Embassy in the United States to find out where you could get the visa when you arrive in Turkey.

They have a few locations in the USA. Here is their Washington DC number. (202) 612-6700

Keith

Joe

Most passengers getting off in Kusadasi do NOT require Visas as you are aware.

Contact the Turkish Embassy http://www.turkishembassy.org/ or get one in the USA before you leave.

Most passengers getting off in Kusadasi do NOT require Visas as you are aware.

Contact the Turkish Embassy http://www.turkishembassy.org/ or get one in the USA before you leave.

I think we've given as much input as we can. At this point, the OP needs to contact the Turkish Embassy. I've provided a phone number. At that point if he really needs a visa he can figure out if there is away he can get it there or if he need to gat it ahead of time.

He has also said already that despite the fact that we say he doesn't need a visa under normal circumstances that his own circumstances differ.

Again, we've really gone as far as we can.

Keith

Joe

Don't understand your irritation. Obviously readers don't understand the basis of your question. Kusadasi is a small tourist destination. Visiting cruise ships don't appear to end cruises there and international flights don't land there. Unless you have planned to abandon your cruise there, none of us will understand the basis of your question. Unlike a corporate climate where you could be the "boss" asking an employee a question, folks who spend their time here trying to be helpful expect to understand why a question is being asked. If you don't like this atmosphere of helpfulness and interest, why don't you follow the suggestion to contact the appropriate government source? (I know, another personal question that you will not want to answer!)

David

Sugar Land, Texas

Joe

Don't understand your irritation. Obviously readers don't understand the basis of your question. Kusadasi is a small tourist destination. Visiting cruise ships don't appear to end cruises there and international flights don't land there. Unless you have planned to abandon your cruise there, none of us will understand the basis of your question. Unlike a corporate climate where you could be the "boss" asking an employee a question, folks who spend their time here trying to be helpful expect to understand why a question is being asked. If you don't like this atmosphere of helpfulness and interest, why don't you follow the suggestion to contact the appropriate government source? (I know, another personal question that you will not want to answer!)

David

Sugar Land, Texas

Curious, I looked in my Turkey book. The visa office should in/be by the immigration/passport control office at the port itself. That makes sense to me, since I guess they wouldn't want you leaving the port without a visa if you're a person who needs one... Dunno if this is accurate, it's just what I read in my travel guide

Joe

I do not believe there is an office in Kusadasi, but there definitely is one in Istanbul, if you are going there. It's in the Port Terminal.

David

Sugar Land, Texas

I fully agree.

I have seen this question asked many times and on every single occassion it has transpired that a visa was not needed for a call at Kusadasi and the questionner has been grateful for the information, one less thing to worry about. :) It is not surprizing then that members here were passing on what they believed to be helpful information. A little suggestion, perhaps if you had stated you were aware of all the options governing visas in Turkey and port stops of less than 24 hours, but still would be grateful if anyone could advise how to obtain a visa in Kusadasi, you might not have received all the unwanted responses from our helpful members.

I doubt there is anywhere at the port to obtain a visa for the reasons already given above. I suspect your only option if you are not flying into Turkey is to obtain one in the US before you go.

Sorry, there is no way not to sound abrupt, How about...thank you all for your helpful replies, but I really do need to know if a visa can be obtained in Kusadasi and if so, where?

but I thought the question was very clear...Not to me it wasn't, a little clarification would have been helpful.

I know all the options, and I just need to know if there is a visa office in Kusadasi and where? Please don't question the question! & have a very nice day to you too. :rolleyes:

Joe

FYI. For UK visitors to Turkey, with Royal Caribbean cruises you do not need a visa as long as your passport has six months before expiry.

Thanks for the advice Keith.

Joe

Knowing that I would get blasted by reiterating my request for a simple answer, I said, "Sorry, there is no way not to sound abrupt." So I got reamed anyhow!

I don't believe it is necessary to relate my entire itinerary to ask a simple question. The original request was specific and clear and concise. Where? Try rereading my post.

Did I post the typical "Do I need a Visa?" No. Did I say that I'd prefer not to do any research on my own and just ask a question that has been discussed to death? No. Forum-wide one can find helpful responses that don't address the question, but provide helpful advice on a preference without answering the ?? I to may be guilty without looking through all my posts.

For instance, recently a posting for advice on using a GPS in Europe...most of the posters apparently didn't know what GPS meant and didn't read the question...posting taxi, tour bus, guide info, blah, blah, blah.

Thus, one must pick through lots of helpful advice to find a real answer like Sakana provided. TY Sakana and 24butterfly for your understanding of the English language.

I already E-Mailed the Turkish Embassy before the post for info. They didn't reply Keith, et. al. Abbreviated that translates to "yes, we must purchase it there, no options."

Geeeeeeeeessssssssss, I tried to make it clear that the question was not a repeat of the previous 100+ posts on Visas.

OK, you can now compose another rant about how ungrateful I am..................LOL...lighten up!

BTW, has anyone actually purchased a visa in Kusadasi? Is so, where?

Joe

For others that may have the same question.

If you are disembarking in IST you can just get your VISA there at the port

( provided your citizenship is one that lets you stop in Turkey for less than 24 hrs without a VISA)

You do not need it at the first stop in Turkey if on a cruise as some other Countries require.

If you are flying into or out of Turkey ...YES you need to purchase a VISA

According to the Turkish Embassy here in NYC you can get a Visa at any port. I specially asked about Kusadasi and the reply was "at any port". I do not now where at the port or the hours of operation and I don't believe the Embassy did either.

Here's the scoop from a Turkish national via Tripadvisor.com.

"Pasaport Polis in the harbour will get you fixed up with a visa."

It's so easy when one finds a good source. What this means is that if you have a stop in Turkey(like Kusadasi) before your destination port(usually Istanbul), you can purchase the visa stamp at the Pasaport Polis office for exact cash...$20 US PP or whatever your nationality requires. Many ships(like Oceania) won't let you off the ship without the visa so it can't be purchased at the destination port. Arriving by plane is much simpler of course, just buy it at the airport on arrival. Reportedly, the officer will only take exact change...so giving them a $100 note would be an $80 tip...anyway that's what has been reported.

I hope all of this is true...only time will tell.

Joe

Here's the scoop from a Turkish national via Tripadvisor.com.

"Pasaport Polis in the harbour will get you fixed up with a visa."

It's so easy when one finds a good source. What this means is that if you have a stop in Turkey(like Kusadasi) before your destination port(usually Istanbul), you can purchase the visa stamp at the Pasaport Polis office for exact cash...$20 US PP or whatever your nationality requires. Many ships(like Oceania) won't let you off the ship without the visa so it can't be purchased at the destination port. Arriving by plane is much simpler of course, just buy it at the airport on arrival. Reportedly, the officer will only take exact change...so giving them a $100 note would be an $80 tip...anyway that's what has been reported.

I hope all of this is true...only time will tell.

Joe

I think you could have save a lot of posters a lot of time in the responses if you would have provide the background as part of your post. (eg,. your final destination is Istanbul). Many people thought based on your question that you were just transiting through Turkey.

Glad you got the answers you looked for.

Keith

Many ships(like Oceania) won't let you off the ship without the visa so it can't be purchased at the destination port.

Joe

I think you may be misinformed on on that point.

Many people have gotten off the ship in Kusadasi without VISAS.

You may be confused with Russia.

Archived