Roma Pass in Rome

We'll be in Rome for 3 days pre-cruise and will buy Roma Passes. Since two site admissions are included, they should pay for themselves with the admittance to the Colosseum and Borghese gallery ... the extra discounts and transportation will be a bonus.

Is it specifically that the first 2 venues you visit are free, and then the rest are discounted....in other words, I want to use it for Coliseum/Forum and then Borghese - the first day there we will do Coliseum/Forum Palantine Hill, etc....but the Borghese I may not be able to get to until another day and in between may be going to some sites.

Is it specifically that the first 2 venues you visit are free, and then the rest are discounted....in other words, I want to use it for Coliseum/Forum and then Borghese - the first day there we will do Coliseum/Forum Palantine Hill, etc....but the Borghese I may not be able to get to until another day and in between may be going to some sites.

Thanks for your response! Can we buy the pass in advance? If not, where do we buy it? How much is it?

We bought the Roma pass in May and it worked great. I believe it's the first two addmissions are free but you can check on that when you buy it. We bought ours at the IT in Termini near the luggage storage. I believe it was 20 euros. The pass worked great for the metro. You just but your pass in the slot and off you go. You don't have to stop and buy a ticket all the time. You get two cards, one for the attractions and one for transportation. Just remember the Colliseum, Fourm and Palitine Hill are one addmission. Make sure you look for the line for people with tickets.

Thanks for your response! Can we buy the pass in advance? If not, where do we buy it? How much is it?

We were in Rome in June, I bought the Roma Pass on line before hand. I used the Roma Pass website to do it and it was very user friendly. You just need designate where you are going to pick them up.

Laurie

We were in Rome in June, I bought the Roma Pass on line before hand. I used the Roma Pass website to do it and it was very user friendly. You just need designate where you are going to pick them up.

Laurie

Is there any benefit to buying it in advance?

The only real benefit is that I could use my debit card and not get charged a huge fee for the conversion, also did not have to make sure I had converted enough US dollars into Euro. I also was able to get them ahead of time and not have it as another expense at the time of the trip. No big benefit, just peace of mind that I had them. If you are flying into Rome, they have a place in the airport you can pick them up at, we didn't because our flight came in 2 hrs before they openned at 10 am. We found a place near the apt we rented for our 3 day pre-cruise stay.

• 1 month later...
The only real benefit is that I could use my debit card and not get charged a huge fee for the conversion, also did not have to make sure I had converted enough US dollars into Euro. I also was able to get them ahead of time and not have it as another expense at the time of the trip. No big benefit, just peace of mind that I had them. If you are flying into Rome, they have a place in the airport you can pick them up at, we didn't because our flight came in 2 hrs before they openned at 10 am. We found a place near the apt we rented for our 3 day pre-cruise stay.

Laurie,

Where exactly is the place in the airport? Was there any other charge for ordering online - other than the pass itself (20 euros)? I'm still debating whether to order ahead of time or just buy it there.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Archived