Favorite Picture of All Time

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

What a wonderful story.Life can bring such amazing things. God bless

Here are a couple of my favs - 1st one is self explanatory. 2nd one is the Liberty leaving St. Thomas (we were on the Glory). If you look closely, you can see the full moon behind the clouds above the bow of the ship (while the sun was still out).

2143488623_cruise015.jpg.65e16c90ae275609f09694bd3b579fa5.jpg

1375840046_cruise060.jpg.ef731d71c793d6ce228b7562814ecda0.jpg

Edited by ScottsSweetie

I love this thread!! Lots of great pictures and I hope to add a few as well.:D

Our cruise on the Liberty this past April left from Ft. Lauderdale and we were sailing by Miami as the sun was setting and I snapped this picture from our balcony.

2008_0412_194209AA.jpg

That's sooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Here are just 2 of my hundreds of favorite pics. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami before our cruise. The first picture is RCL ship the day before we left and the second picture is of the Victory and 1 other Carnival Ship, I am ashamed to say I can not remember which one, just a couple of hours before we headed to the port. The pictures are not great as they were taken from the window of our room at the HI POM.

112488699_fa3f48605c_o.jpg

112488833_ac57b03570_o.jpg

Edited by canner2u

My grandson with his new puppy from Camp Carnival. He wanted to go out on the balcony and I told him he had to wait a few minutes for everyone to get back to their cabins, so they played on the window sill.

2939888310064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I think this one is sooooooo cute! Hopefully I can catch my little girl in 1 as cute as this when I take her on her 1st cruise!

Hilarious!:D

I said it before and I will say it again: My FAVORITE PIC on this thread. The scenery pics, the people pics are all wonderful and make me remember why I love cruising. However, this guy and his stash justs makes me laugh. I hope this thread keeps going for a long time because the pictures and stories behind them are fantastic. Kaboochi

Originally Posted by Bob NC viewpost.gif

100_1254_Small_.JPG

Hilarious!:D

Taken from the Valor - 07/08

IMG_0781.JPG

That storm must have been very exciting to witness from your ship. That is a helluva photograph, catching the lightning at that moment! I keep going back to this page to look at it! Thanks for posting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjoliza viewpost.gif

Our cruise on the Liberty this past April left from Ft. Lauderdale and we were sailing by Miami as the sun was setting and I snapped this picture from our balcony.

2008_0412_194209AA.jpg

That's sooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, Breezycruiser!

That is a stunningly cool photograph! One of my faves in this thread. The colors are so surreal. Thanks, Anjoliza, for posting it.