Favorite Picture of All Time

I loved all the pictures and now I'm really excited to go on my next cruise! I know I was only supposed to post one, but I couldn't! I don't have just one favorite from my last cruise, I loved them all!

Pic #1- The Fantasy cruising down the Mississippi River after leaving NOLA.

Pic #2- I was sitting under the radar when I took this one.

Pic #3- Playa Palancar in Cozumel.

Pic #4- This is how I spent the whole day! :D

Pic #5- Back on ship, looking at the Puerta Maya pier.

1249474805_hannahscruisepics094.jpg.b6bc981f8a0899029739710eea5a08ac.jpg

1682861592_hannahscruisepics097.jpg.c86cf96cd025d8ba8fffd7568120a5c1.jpg

56744647_hannahscruisepics181.jpg.96c03ee040394ee5d9aafc56388bb98a.jpg

658865754_hannahscruisepics196.jpg.a61ad3d9d0f3f07c94a49620f563d801.jpg

21090284_hannahscruisepics271.jpg.f938a5ea7c1d13c0aed4a27f755d486b.jpg

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Your story brought tears to my eyes. God is wonderful

I loved all the pictures and now I'm really excited to go on my next cruise! I know I was only supposed to post one, but I couldn't! I don't have just one favorite from my last cruise, I loved them all!

Pic #1- The Fantasy cruising down the Mississippi River after leaving NOLA.

Pic #2- I was sitting under the radar when I took this one.

Pic #3- Playa Palancar in Cozumel.

Pic #4- This is how I spent the whole day! :D

Pic #5- Back on ship, looking at the Puerta Maya pier.

Theres no problem with posting more than one picture! I'm sure everyone here would love to see them so if you have more feel free to post them:D

Your story brought tears to my eyes. God is wonderful

Yes he is! My sister is still doing well and continues to try new things. We leave in 5 days for another cruise with our mom. This time Kathy wanted to try to snorkel, sooooo...I have a friend in Belize that is a tour guide and he has it all set up for us. He has figured a way to get her in and out of his boat, and will take us out to the coral reef and let her live out another dream. If I can get my mom to snap a picture or two, I will post when we return.

that is an amazing story:) God does work in mysterious ways doesnt he?I hope every day brings her closer to recovery!! I am so glad to see how much she enjoyed her cruise, keep it up:D

And give her hugs from a friend in Connecticut

Happy cruising and what does she want to do on her next cruise?

that is an amazing story:) God does work in mysterious ways doesnt he?I hope every day brings her closer to recovery!! I am so glad to see how much she enjoyed her cruise, keep it up:D

And give her hugs from a friend in Connecticut

Happy cruising and what does she want to do on her next cruise?

She wants to snorkel, and we will do that in Belize. Her next dream is to ride a horse on the beach, but not something we can do this cruise. Horses have always been her passion and she owned a horse for many years, but had to give her to a good home after her stroke. Since then she has had the chance to "ride" around a friends yard while being led, but again, it is so good for her spirit when she gets the chance to try these things. (can you tell I am a proud big sister!)

Yes he is! My sister is still doing well and continues to try new things. We leave in 5 days for another cruise with our mom. This time Kathy wanted to try to snorkel, sooooo...I have a friend in Belize that is a tour guide and he has it all set up for us. He has figured a way to get her in and out of his boat, and will take us out to the coral reef and let her live out another dream. If I can get my mom to snap a picture or two, I will post when we return.

It's so good to hear your sister is still doing well! I hope you guys have a great cruise and the excursion is everything she dreamed of and more!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although there are many many beautiful pictures and scenes added to this post. I think the one of the glaciers in Alaska is by far the most awesome picture I've seen in a long time. Just a Great Picture of a beautiful scene.

Edited by puffer46