Port Canaveral Travel Question?

DEELOUX

We are leaving on the Sensation Oct 16th but flying in the night before. I'm looking for some suggestions. Any suggestions for cheap hotel and other transportation other than Carnival transfers ($35.00) each way per person. With this only being a 3 night cruise, we are not looking to spend alot of money. Does anyone know how much it is to just take a taxi from airport? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Most seem to do the Radisson, their online rate is $99, and its very nice. They will shuttle you to the port in the morning free, and most nights out to eat etc without cost.

There are some cheaper hotels on hotwire, but then you will have to pay for the shuttle about $4 pp each way, from port canaveral or cocoa beach.

PS you do NOT want to take a taxi for over an hour from the airport. Look into shuttles. There is a thread in the Florida section called I work in Port Canaveral with all the information you need. Its under east coast departures.... where they will probably move this thread.

I agree with the suggestion for the Radisson, we are staying there in Oct. For the trip from the airport to the hotel we rented an SUV from Avis for $54. Coming back we are thinking of using Cocoa Beach Shuttle, their rates are online and I think they still offer 10% off if you mention CC :)

Look into renting a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral. There are no one way drop off fees in the state of Florida, so you can usually get a pretty good deal. Last time I did it, we got a car for just under $30.

I also agree that the Raddison is a very nice place to stay near the Port. First time I stayed in PC, we got a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites for $99 and it was a DUMP! We had to be move from our room b/c we found two dead cockroaches in it. Got moved to a renovated suite, which was fairly decent. But still could get the thought of those roaches out of my mind. The Raddison was not much more for us and was much nicer.

Have a look at this thread...post 4477. It has some info on hotels in Port Canaveral

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=224

I booked a car for next April and got a full size with Thrifty for 22.00/day but they have a $15 one way drop off fee. It was still the cheapest I found since we are renting for 2 days.

Believe me, I checked out every hotel and went back to the Radisson. Best value. Dont forgot to look online, that rate is $99, but you have to pay in advance and you cant pick what kind of room you want, but we got everything we wanted when we checked in. A quiet garden view looking thru the tennis courts on the first floor, no smoking, two kinds. Oh yea, sleep comfort? beds, the ones you control with a dial, they were fun too. 3 kinds of coffee to make in the room and I ran across the the mc donalds across the street and got a couple of those $1 sausage mcmuffins to tide us over until we got to the buffet on the ship at lunch.

Look into renting a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral. There are no one way drop off fees in the state of Florida, so you can usually get a pretty good deal. Last time I did it, we got a car for just under $30.

I also agree that the Raddison is a very nice place to stay near the Port. First time I stayed in PC, we got a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites for $99 and it was a DUMP! We had to be move from our room b/c we found two dead cockroaches in it. Got moved to a renovated suite, which was fairly decent. But still could get the thought of those roaches out of my mind. The Raddison was not much more for us and was much nicer.

What about the Hampton Inn & Suites, any reviews on that one? Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida.

We're going to stay at La Quinta the night before...seems to have ok reviews and all we want is a clean bed and a shower. It's in Cocoa Beach but we'll be renting a car from Orlando. We did it through Thrifty and it was $40 for the one way.

thanks for everyones help. We did book through AVIS and got a Pontiac G6 for $31.00. We also booked the Best Western for $89.00 (they have a free continential breakfast which should hold us until we embark) and it is right down the street from AVIS. They will provide free shuttle service to the port.

thanks for everyones help. We did book through AVIS and got a Pontiac G6 for $31.00. We also booked the Best Western for $89.00 (they have a free continential breakfast which should hold us until we embark) and it is right down the street from AVIS. They will provide free shuttle service to the port.

Did you check the reviews?? Some people have been pretty unhappy with the Best Western. Check tripadvisor site for a wide selection of reviews.

Hopefully you arent as picky as some about the room. You might even get a room in the building nearer the ocean if you are lucky.

The cheapest transportation from MCO to the port area is rental car. IMHO, you'd be wasting your time looking for anything else. There are several hotels in the port/Cocoa Beach area that offer free or very reasonable shuttle services. Hotels are very subjective to one's own personal preferences, but the Radisson is a cruise favorite for sure. It is a short distance from the port and you can see the ships in port from the hotel.

Make sure you reserve the shuttle, we were able to do this months in advance by phone and rec'd an email confirmation :) Have fun!

Archived