Passport for 19yo DS

The4Cruisers

We'll be cruising this Fall to Mexico and I'm taking my DS tomorrow to get his first Passport.

My question is when we depart on the cruise, will he need to bring his DL or birth cert at all? (He won't be driving on this trip.) I'd like to leave these things at home if possible.

So, will the passport be all the legal ID that he needs for the trip?

We'll be cruising this Fall to Mexico and I'm taking my DS tomorrow to get his first Passport.

My question is when we depart on the cruise, will he need to bring his DL or birth cert at all? (He won't be driving on this trip.) I'd like to leave these things at home if possible.

The passport is all he needs as far as identification goes...however, if you're doing any type of excursion that requires a DL (ATV, rental car, etc.), you'll need to bring that along strictly for that purpose.

passport for getting on the ship..after all you need needed the BC to GET the passport. leave the BC at home.

getting on/off the ship in port: they ask for a photo ID and the ship's card.

in most ports, you don't want him walking around with his passport in his back pocket? take the DL, keep the passport in a safe place.

Agree leave his Birth Cert. home put have him take his Drivers License..

We take both Passport & DL..We leave Passports & another Credit Card with most of our Cash in the cabin safe..When in port we only carry a photocopy of our passport, our Drivers License & One Credit Card..

Would not want to chance having our Passports stolen.. :eek:

:) Betty

The best photo ID to take is the new US Passport Card that has just been made available. You apply for this in ADDITION to you regular passport. It is similar in size to a driver's license or a credit card.

Many countries are now requiring you take your sea pass & a photo ID when you go ashore and reboard the ship. The Passport Card should be perfect for this.

The passport is all you will need. However, sometimes you will be required to bring a photo ID on shore. The passport will work but we prefer to have a drivers license or the new Passport Card for that purpose.

We avoid taking our Passport on shore.

Archived