Couldn't make the final payment date

hatchetjack5

I called Carnival this morning because our final payment was due on Saturday. They said that if I do not make the final payment by Friday, that I will loose everything. I tried to arrange an extension until August 8th (thats when I get paid again). If payment is not made by Friday I will loose the $800 that I have already paid. She said that I could write a letter to Carnival requesting my money back but it was a long slow process.

We sail on Sept. 8th.

I called Carnival this morning because our final payment was due on Saturday. They said that if I do not make the final payment by Friday, that I will loose everything. I tried to arrange an extension until August 8th (thats when I get paid again). If payment is not made by Friday I will loose the $800 that I have already paid. She said that I could write a letter to Carnival requesting my money back but it was a long slow process.

We sail on Sept. 8th.

Times are tough.. but you did know this due date was coming, right?

Credit Card? Advance from your job??

Short term loan from your bank (30 Day note)

???

About the only thing you can try without finding some way to pay, is to talk with a supervisor to extend the payment. The PVP's don't have the option in their computer to extend it that far.. Generally you will not get your money back no matter what you try.

Did you already extend the payment, or maybe its a shorter cruise is why you are just now making final payment. Im guessing the reason you cant cancel now and recieve the money back is because final payment is now past.

I cruise the day before you, and my final payment is long since past.

I am sorry you're going to miss your cruise. But you had a contract & knew when the final payment was due. They have no obligation to work with you beyond that. I sincerely doubt they'll return a penny of your money due to your poor planning.

There must be some way to work this out. I hope you can. Today was final day for my next one. I called them and made the payment but what scares me is, what if I had forgotten the final date? Would they have contacted me or just taken my deposit?

I had the money, but my parents are going through some financial difficulty and I have loaned them a LARGE sum of money to save thier house, which is what has thrown me off. I work for the state so there is no borrowing money.

I understand a contract is a contract, but with the economy so bad right now, I thought they would work with me some.

If you cancel before final payment, you should get all your money back. If your personal situation improves, you might be able to re-book the cruise at a later date (and maybe get a better price). You'll have to pay the fare all at once if you go that route and re-book on short notice.

We sail on Sept. 8th.

Cancel, get your deposit back and when you have the money.....rebook.

Cancel, get your deposit back and when you have the money.....rebook.

Doubtful she'll get her deposit back.....she's about 47 days out. Isn't final payment due like 71 days out?

I sail 09/13 and my final payment was 06/03.

Doubtful she'll get her deposit back.....she's about 47 days out. Isn't final payment due like 71 days out?

I think it depends on how many days your cruise is:confused: She said if they don't receive her money by this Friday......unless they already extended it for her:confused:

You are right it does not sound right.........

I had the money, but my parents are going through some financial difficulty and I have loaned them a LARGE sum of money to save thier house, which is what has thrown me off. I work for the state so there is no borrowing money.

I understand a contract is a contract, but with the economy so bad right now, I thought they would work with me some.

I think it's very admirable that you helped your parents! They are very lucky you were able to do this.. How about a 401K or similar.. can you borrow from that? Do you have a credit union? Sometimes you can borrow a small amount of money for a short term til you get paid...

GOOD LUCK!

OP said that final payment was due last Saturday. In that event he would probably only get a portion of that deposit refunded to him.

I also have never heard of a final payment this close to the sail date. Our

TA always asks for final payment 75-80 days out.

Typo on my part. Final payment was due 06/30.

From one of the brochures on the website...

2-5 day cruises: up to 61 days - no cancellation charge; 30-60 days - deposit; 8-29 days 50% of fare; 7 days or less - 100% of fare

6-8 day cruises: up to 76 days - none; 30-75 days - deposit; the rest is the same

For a shorter cruise, full payment isn't due until 60 days out. Seems to me that full payment on a 9/8 cruise would've been due on 7/8.

I'm sailing a 5-day on 12/13 and final payment is due 10/14.

FYI: when I called to make final payment on my Glory cruise, I had sent in a $50 off coupon. Since I knew that wouldn't get applied in time, I figured I'd have to pay the full amount and they'd end up giving me an OBC for the $50. Instead, the woman I talked to said she'd just attach a note stating that the $50 was on it's way so the whole thing wouldn't get cancelled. It actually took them about 10 days to process the coupon.

Still, if you can make a chunk of the final payment, perhaps they'll give you an extension on the balance.

I do not recommend raiding your retirement plan to pay for a cruise. Not a fiscally sound move!

This is the first time that I have asked for an extention.

I called them back, and they are giving me until Monday to put all but $200 which shouldn't be a problem if the state pays me some back pay that I called and checked on. Hopefully my back pay money will be here in Saturday.

They said that the cruise is selling out fast and that there are 152 cabins left. So I am thinking depending on how many cabins remain, will depend on how much they will work with me.

Hopefully things will work out. I was doing a good deed for my parents so hopefully something will come back good on my part.

I was well aware of the due date, its just that things came up, and I had to do what I felt was best.

If it comes down to it, its better to me to save my mom and dads house than to go on that vacation.

As for a return on my deposit, since its past the due date, they will not reimburse me. I even asked if they could credit it, they said the same thing as before, to write a letter stating what happened and hopefully I will get some back/credited.

This is the first time that I have asked for an extention.

I called them back, and they are giving me until Monday to put all but $200 which shouldn't be a problem if the state pays me some back pay that I called and checked on. Hopefully my back pay money will be here in Saturday.

They said that the cruise is selling out fast and that there are 152 cabins left. So I am thinking depending on how many cabins remain, will depend on how much they will work with me.

Hopefully things will work out. I was doing a good deed for my parents so hopefully something will come back good on my part.

I was well aware of the due date, its just that things came up, and I had to do what I felt was best.

If it comes down to it, its better to me to save my mom and dads house than to go on that vacation.

As for a return on my deposit, since its past the due date, they will not reimburse me. I even asked if they could credit it, they said the same thing as before, to write a letter stating what happened and hopefully I will get some back/credited.

Perhaps you can down scale to an inside? GOOD LUCK

Your parents are much more important than a cruise!

Archived