CC class vs. FV cabin-need to decide quick!

JinxyB

In my obsession with acquiring the best cabin, I have been checking the X website a few times per day to see what becomes available, price changes, etc. I changed my booking a few days ago from CC cabin to a FV cabin #7201. Now I see that FV cabin #9156 is available and this a corner cabin with a very large balcony. My concern with changing to this cabin is the possibility of hearing noise from the dining room directly upstairs, plus people being able to see us from above (not like I will be sunbathing topless or anything on the balcony, but still...). My instinct is telling me to keep my current reservation with #7201, but am kind of longing for that larger balcony. I don't want to be too greedy and then be disappointed with a noisy cabin. Any advice?:confused:

We were in 8166 on our cruise through the Panama Canal on the Millenium, and would not have traded it for a Royal Suite (well, maybe...). We could put our spare suitcases out in the entranceway, we had an extra closet, the room just 'seemed' bigger, and then, there was the veranda, which was just unbelievable.

Of course the best part was when we saw our tablemates crowded in on deck 10; they were SO jealous.

The corner FV cabins are amazing! We were on deck 8, so two floors below the deck 10 bar area, but it never bothered us at all. No noise, and there is a large area on the balcony that is covered. We absolutely loved the cabin!

• 3 weeks later...

We are presently booked in CC cabin 9160 on the Summit which is an aft balcony but noticed that the FV opened up. Is it worth it to switch? We are Elite status so probably get all the perks exept the breakfast menu and the afternoon snacks. We are traveling with a group and would like to entertain but the balcony we are already in is a large one.

This is a tough call to make especially since it would be around $700 total to switch but the larger cabin would be nice. It is a 14 night Med so may be worth it. Any suggestions?

We are presently booked in CC cabin 9160 on the Summit which is an aft balcony but noticed that the FV opened up. Is it worth it to switch? We are Elite status so probably get all the perks exept the breakfast menu and the afternoon snacks. We are traveling with a group and would like to entertain but the balcony we are already in is a large one.

This is a tough call to make especially since it would be around $700 total to switch but the larger cabin would be nice. It is a 14 night Med so may be worth it. Any suggestions?

I cross referenced your sailing and see that corner FV 9197 is available. Personally, for $700 total I'd grab it!

Phil

We were in a SS on deck 10 on Century last fall. People above us on the joggin track could def. look over the railing down on us if they chose to. We were just sitting out there reading or sipping wine with our hors d'oeuvres--big deal. I sure wouldn't let that stop me from booking a bigger cabin for 3 people! We were fine with 2 in the SS, but the CC's are smaller and I can't imagine 3 adults in there--especially during the "getting ready" parts of the day. The FV is def. the way to go! You'll be glad you did.

Cathy

you all may not be aware, but Cruises Only has chartered the Solstice for a pre-inaugural cruise-to-nowhere Nov 21-23 (i have been told that the inaugural is now sailing on Nov 23)....

anyway, we jumped at the chance to see the ship up close and personal even for just two days

and we were able to snag an FV cabin 8108

would be happy to post photos and review when we return, if anyone is interested in hearing?

susan in virginia

you all may not be aware, but Cruises Only has chartered the Solstice for a pre-inaugural cruise-to-nowhere Nov 21-23 (i have been told that the inaugural is now sailing on Nov 23)....

anyway, we jumped at the chance to see the ship up close and personal even for just two days

and we were able to snag an FV cabin 8108

would be happy to post photos and review when we return, if anyone is interested in hearing?

susan in virginia

Sure - I have that same exact room for Dec 7 - it sounds like its going to be HUGE - I am so curious about the balcony - they told me its 155 sq ft??? I will be watching to see your post when you return. Have a nice cruise

LOL...all i know is that it's the biggest darn room we have ever had on a ship! Too bad 99% of our time on the cruise-lette will be exploring the public areas

we are trying to get two friends to come with us, just so we won't rattle around in it.....kinda strange to have the FV cabins up front, rather than aft

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15814106#post15814106

this is the thread to our sailing, if you want to "lurk" before i can get back to you with photos/review

susan

Archived