king wharf

Lefty1

going on explorer 8/9 - some of love the beach and can't wait to go; although my brother in law and husband really don't care too much for beach (strange people) - so where we are docked, is there something there for them to do (stores....) or do they have to take a cab someplace or just stay on ship (ha ha)

going on explorer 8/9 - some of love the beach and can't wait to go; although my brother in law and husband really don't care too much for beach (strange people) - so where we are docked, is there something there for them to do (stores....) or do they have to take a cab someplace or just stay on ship (ha ha)

I don't know how much excitement they need, but there's plenty to see. A museum full of coins, an exhibition of cruise line ads, and collections of treasure from wrecked ships in the Commisioner's House, as well as spectacular views from the balcony there, a Bermuda craft market next to an art gallery, free samples of rum cakes while you check out Dockyard Glass, it's free to watch people swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Quest after the $5 admission to the British Maritime Museum, more exhibits there in cool underground passageways, a giant statue of King Neptune (photo op!)and my DH's favorite thing to do in the Dockyard, get an ice cream at Haagen Dazs in the mall.

thanks bubbles - once i saw musuem full of coins i know my husband will love that as he is into coins - this museum is right by the ship?

also he will like the haagen daz ice cream - to think all he is thinking about is food - oh well thanks everyone for the tips

thanks bubbles - once i saw musuem full of coins i know my husband will love that as he is into coins - this museum is right by the ship?

also he will like the haagen daz ice cream - to think all he is thinking about is food - oh well thanks everyone for the tips

The coin collection is from the Bank of Bermuda. I think the British portion was pretty complete, especially with the gold coins. The US collection was very extensive with good representation and variety of many types. The amount of gold coins was quite impressive, enough to take your breath away. This collection is comparable to the one in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

Archived