Pushy Carnival Sales Rep

cruzin2paradise

I have also been bothered by Carnival pvp's after checking prices and availability online. It really annoys me when they call...I told the last one that "if I wanted to talk to a Carnival Rep I would have called 1 800 Carnival." For those of you singing the phrases of your pvp's...this is not to say all pvp's are harassing customers...I only get called when I check prices online. It seems to me that the pvps are more agressive than they used to be. I wonder if they are getting more commission than they use to get. I know a few times when I did call Carnival they ask me if I was working with a TA...and I told them not yet...well they went on to say that it wouldn't be any cheaper even if I did. Years ago when I used to call and try to book directly through Carnival the rep would try and encourage me to use a travel agency. Not anymore...and this has happened several times. I just wish they wouldn't call!!! We should be able to browse online without someone bothering us.
CaribbeanCrazy

I already have a PVP and just last week I had a call from another one asking me to call her back. Well, since I have one and would sing her praises, I did not return the call. Then just the other day I received a card from this same person with her card to get in touch with her. I have not had this happen before. If I want to ask a question all I have to do is call the one I have stayed with so far.

I've been checking (daily) airfares from Buffalo, NY to Rome and see today that the US Air fare went from $1500 down to $979 (for next August). Although this looks great, I'm holding out for a really special deal where I get get it for about $700 :) I may be making a hugh mistake but I have a lot of time so I'll gamble on this one!

What is a PVP? I feel so dumb but I really don't know. I booked my April cruise with a travel agent online who books nothing but Carnival cruises. Would that make him an agent for/of Carnival? It was done sort of on the spur of the moment . . . hadn't been on a cruise since September 2003 (my sixth but first booked online) and so wanted to go on another cruise.

Another question, what is the difference in price between a guarenteed cabin and leaving it up to chance? I will be traveling alone and thus paying the dreaded "single supplement." I booked a cabin on the Triumph for the April 30th sailing . . . cabin is Category 1A (whatever that is) on the Main deck which seems to be only two decks from the bottom. I feel like I'm in the basement. I'd like a higher deck and possibly getting a balcony. Hey ya all . . . please help!!!!

I had a problem with a PVP too, so badly, that I had to block all emails from Carnival. He would call 3 or 4 times a day and leave messages on my answering machine. Once, I was on the other line when he called, and I received an email from him in all caps, basically yelling at me for not answering the phone and to call him back. Needless to say I did not, and found someone else to book through. It was creepy.

Boy Am I lucky! My PVP is wonderful! I end calling her more times that I want to admit too! She will really spends alot of time with me when I book a cruise so I won't leave one bargain unturned! I answered one of emails one time and it's been a positive cruising experience! Sounds like some are not that lucky.

Susan

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Whenever a Carnival agent calls me I just give them the online site I used for my last 3 cruises and [b]they can't get off the phone fast enough. [/b]They know when they're beat ! ! :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

Archived