Pushy Carnival Sales Rep

cruzin2paradise

This is what happened. I went into Carnival's site yesterday to look at itineraries and ships. "Just browsing." So, I get a message on my machine today from David at Carnival. Then, I get a call tonight from David. I said that I wasn't going to book anything now. I don't want to put another cruise on the card till the upcoming one is paid -- my choice -- he wouldn't stop!

I tried to be nice - but to no avail. I said thank you and hung up. He called right back . . . I let him go to the answering machine.

We've sailed on Carnival twice and this has never happened -- any thoughts?

This is what happened. I went into Carnival's site yesterday to look at itineraries and ships. "Just browsing." So, I get a message on my machine today from David at Carnival. Then, I get a call tonight from David. I said that I wasn't going to book anything now. I don't want to put another cruise on the card till the upcoming one is paid -- my choice -- he wouldn't stop!

I tried to be nice - but to no avail. I said thank you and hung up. He called right back . . . I let him go to the answering machine.

We've sailed on Carnival twice and this has never happened -- any thoughts?

We've had various emails, phone calls, etc from cruise reps...annoying as thunder! We just call to browse, or log in on the website to look around. I replied to the last email with a DO NOT CALL ME ANYMORE, I WILL CALL YOU WHEN I WANT TO BOOK!

It's annoying!

Stef

that's odd..!! I get occasional e-mails, but they are strictly Carnival oriented, not specific PVP e-mails..

'My' PVP doesn't like to 'talk' via e-mail.. amazing, as I booked my next cruise with a TA as the PVP didn't seem interested in 'talking' via e-mail.. Go figure.. :confused:

Currently 'talking' with an on-line TA concerning a group cruise, and have had a very favorable experience.. :)

Well, as they say "misery loves company" so I'm glad it's not just me -- I just don't understand the push!

You can't look without being pestered. He told me he wanted to verify my information, rattled off my phone number (duh - he had just called it and got me, didn't he?) and then my e-mail, then he asked for my address - that was when I cut off the conversation. I understand that he is trying to make aliving but Good Lord - give me a break!

Is Carnival having that much sales trouble that they have to "telemarket" their cruise line?

It was a turn-off, big time!

I'm sorry that you guys are having such a problem with pushy PVP's....maybe if you get his last name, call a supervisor at Carnival and register a complaint?

I have been very fortunate with my PVP...have used the same guy to book both my cruises...He's been very helpful to me as well as other people that I have recommended him to without being pushy at all

Pushy sales people are the ones who NEVER get any of my business

I HAD an annoying rep, I was not happy with the push, his attitude, or how badly he handled the booking, nothing was done right! I called him and asked him to fix it and give what was promised, he said he couldn't so I told him to CANCEL and REFUND ! He told me it was cancelled I would get my refund in 10 days.

I got extremely upset about his lack of knowledge or customer service so I called Carnival Customer Service and asked for a manager. When I got a manager on the line I told him exactly why they had lost a paid in full passenger. He asked for my booking number, and the little worm had not even cancelled my cruise or done anything! So I explained that I would not be booking with Carnival now or in the future.

The Manager asked for 1 chance to fix the disaster the first rep had created. Within a few minutes he had fixed everything, upgraded my room 2 levels from a 1A in a tiny room in the bow of the ship with bunk beds on the lowest deck, to main deck in a 4B stateroom farther back and 5 rooms from the elevator. He also called the airline and reinstated my flight reservations, set up my medical, meal seatings, transfers, and insurance. Before we got off the phone he had a clear picture of the incompetant rep, and he arranged for a complimentary bottle of champagne to be delivered to my stateroom prior to sailing to thank Carnival for another chance.

The worm still emails me with specials, but there is NO WAY he will ever book my cruise again, I will use the info and another rep.

I HAD an annoying rep, I was not happy with the push, his attitude, or how badly he handled the booking, nothing was done right! I called him and asked him to fix it and give what was promised, he said he couldn't so I told him to CANCEL and REFUND ! He told me it was cancelled I would get my refund in 10 days.

I got extremely upset about his lack of knowledge or customer service so I called Carnival Customer Service and asked for a manager. When I got a manager on the line I told him exactly why they had lost a paid in full passenger. He asked for my booking number, and the little worm had not even cancelled my cruise or done anything! So I explained that I would not be booking with Carnival now or in the future.

The Manager asked for 1 chance to fix the disaster the first rep had created. Within a few minutes he had fixed everything, upgraded my room 2 levels from a 1A in a tiny room in the bow of the ship with bunk beds on the lowest deck, to main deck in a 4B stateroom farther back and 5 rooms from the elevator. He also called the airline and reinstated my flight reservations, set up my medical, meal seatings, transfers, and insurance. Before we got off the phone he had a clear picture of the incompetant rep, and he arranged for a complimentary bottle of champagne to be delivered to my stateroom prior to sailing to thank Carnival for another chance.

The worm still emails me with specials, but there is NO WAY he will ever book my cruise again, I will use the info and another rep.

WOW - impressive. I figure this, I'm not looking to book right now, just looking at ports and options for now. I won't book until we come back from the next one. And when I book I will go through my TA whom I think is wonderful . . . he even asked me if I had a TA, I said yes and that I would use that TA when I was ready which wasn't now -- he wouldn't quit. Oh well. I just wondered if this was a new "sales tactic." Apparently it is.

We had a very pushy rep on our last cruise and rude to boot. He called us less then 2 weeks after we were off our first cruise giving us a good deal so like idiots we took it. He kept telling us it was a wonderful time to cruise and etc We didn't think when we booked of the season so in short hello ivan here we come.

We also had a couple that was suppose to go with us but when she found out that she was pregnant and high risk we called to cancel their cruise the rep kept putting it off telling her will maybe something will happen to where you can go anyway and etc. We finally had to get nasty because he would not give the refund back and we were about 15 days from the penalty phase of cancellation. When he called back right before we left he asked how she was doing and we told him (thinking he really cared) that she lost the baby on Aug 4 his only reply was "see I told you not to cancel" hello she just buried her son. He kept wanting to book her at a higher cost because it was last minute.

I can tell you that if I cruise with Carnival again it won't be with this rep at all.

I went looking for Cruises as a present for DH birthday- I went to the Carnival site and the next thing I knew, one of the sales reps called the very next morning, ruining the surprise---Told me he was going to Upgrade us for free because of the error to an Aft/Port W/Balcony on Empress Deck for only $901.00 each including port charges and taxes---sounded good until we had the tickets in our hands---$2968.93 later and with no possible way of cancelling without losing all of our money, we kept telling ourselves it would be alright, This started the 'Cruise from The Twilight Zone'. We just returned from our Cruise and as my hubby calls it "The Sail and Get Shafted A Lot' Cruise. Every time you turn around, they finesse you into a false sense that you are getting something---Yeah, it is more commonly referred to 'The Shaft'. It starts with the 1st phone call or e-mail to them---then they got you over a barrel---Buyer Beware is all I can say.

Reneel: I read your review of the Pride over in the other part of this site. You really seem to have had a bad time on your cruise. I've never read a review quite as harsh as yours.

I hope your next cruise is a better experience. I've been cruising for 40 years and had some pretty rough times cruising, but I've never felt like lashing out like you did in your review.

:eek: I'm shocked! I've never heard anything like all this about a PVP bugging anyone before! I guess I've been fortunate to have had a wonderful PVP for the past four cruises. She's been so very helpful in so many ways, but has never called to ask if I'm ready to book another cruise! I get an occasional email (with her name at the bottom), but it's a general emailing about upcoming specials.

I notice most everybody referred to the PVP as a "HE". Could it be the same guy with each of you? I doubt he would still be with Carnival if everybody called a supervisor to complain. There's no reason to put up with a jerk like that - I'd be on the phone to a supervisor immediately.:rolleyes:

I went looking for Cruises as a present for DH birthday- I went to the Carnival site and the next thing I knew, one of the sales reps called the very next morning, ruining the surprise---Told me he was going to Upgrade us for free because of the error to an Aft/Port W/Balcony on Empress Deck for only $901.00 each including port charges and taxes---sounded good until we had the tickets in our hands---$2968.93 later and with no possible way of cancelling without losing all of our money, we kept telling ourselves it would be alright, This started the 'Cruise from The Twilight Zone'. We just returned from our Cruise and as my hubby calls it "The Sail and Get Shafted A Lot' Cruise. Every time you turn around, they finesse you into a false sense that you are getting something---Yeah, it is more commonly referred to 'The Shaft'. It starts with the 1st phone call or e-mail to them---then they got you over a barrel---Buyer Beware is all I can say.

When did you book this cruise?

I too, did some quick pricing on the Carnival website. Received a phone call at home just before 9:00 p.m. a few days later then several e-mails to follow. I don't mind e-mails but didn't like that someone called me at home especially at that time of night during the week...just heading for bed!! Really tried to push me about one day sale, etc. Just told him I wasn't ready to book at this time.

Our pvp has never been pushy ,she only called us when she needed additional information. And only calling when we called her first. sends Emails on upcoming crusies because we asked her too. And to our surprise called to make sure we got our docs.:cool:

Never had that problem but I have always booked with a TA even though I do browse the Carnival website. As for emails I just block them in my outlook express. Most email programs have the ability to block unwanted emails and it works!!

I, on the other hand, actually contacted one of the PVP "emailers", TWICE, from whom I get so many GREAT (read NOT) specials regularly. Both times I asked what prices were available for a cruise I was organizing, with 21 people in my party.

Both times my outlook told me they opened my email, and I NEVER got a response.

Good PR, eh?

How to chase them away? Tell them you are looking for a 7 day cruise with a balcony for $400, and tell them to contact you when they find one.

Things must really be changing. I've used a Carnival PVP on all but one cruise. I've never been pushed at all. In fact, the only phone calls I've received were with answers to my questions. I do receive e-mails occasionally with specials but they are never pushy. I'm really sorry people are having these troubles. No one likes to deal with pushy people, especially when it concerns a cruise.;)

First of all, let me say I've workrd with 2 great pvp- our first one (male) got promoted to another dept and the one I work with now (female) is so very nice and helpful.

I dont think it's the pvp people doing these calls= it's from another department-

At any rate, sorry you have been bothered by these pushy people.

I got a call once from one of them saying the same thing-"I saw you were on the CCL site, etc" I just said I already have a pvp and since then---no more calls.

I've had the same experience as Cotton. All I get are the emails telling me about upcoming specials, but no harassing phone calls. Also, not quite sure why you couldn't have cancelled without losing your money, but you may have to question why it is difficult for you to say no to something you say you really didn't want.

Archived