Fll Car Rental Center Shuttles

cruiseawaits

Does anyone know if any of the car rental agencies located in the Car Rental Center at Ft. Lauderdale Airport offer shuttle service to/from the port(Port Everglades)?

If not, would one suggest taking a taxi from the return center or one of the shuttles? There will be 4 of us.

THANKS

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if any of the car rental agencies located in the Car Rental Center at Ft. Lauderdale Airport offer shuttle service to/from the port(Port Everglades)?

If not, would one suggest taking a taxi from the return center or one of the shuttles? There will be 4 of us.

THANKS

There is a shuttle service from the airport to the port and back. You will find a number of posts about this going back on the boards. But, not all of the companies participate. Hertz, Alamo, National, and one other(?) did when I was there in February. However, many have said they just got on the bus regardless of the car company and were taken to the port, some have said they had to show the reservation.

I had rented from National, and planned on taking the shuttle. I joined a long line...did a rough body count and figured I was in line about two bus loads back. When a bus hadn't come in 15/20 minutes, I went back to the terminal and downstairs to the taxi area, then took a shared van to the port for $11.00. On the way back, we got off the ship late and literally walked out of the customs area and onto a half empty bus that pulled up right in front of us. That driver did not ask for any confirmation.

Thanks for the replies! Just to clarify, when you get off the ship you just wait in the line-up? Not necessary to call the rental office to request pick-up or let them know you are there?

Does anyone know what time they start and stop, and is it only on weekends ? ( We disembark on a Monday). Thank you again very much.

THANKS

We did this last September using AVIS, only to find out that they do not subscribe to the Shuttle service.

We returned our rental car on the morning of the cruise and where told to get a cab!! One of their workers then ofered to take us to the port - so I gave him the cab drivers tip+.

At the end of the cruise, we had to pick up an Avis car and waited for the shuttle. Thats when we found out about who pays into the shuttle and who doesn't. The bus driver was very rude!! We then got a cab to the airport Avis rental centre - about $15. I think Dollar has a delivery point at the port, but check it out. I am not sure if Hertz was on the black list also. Hope this helps. :)

We did this last September using AVIS, only to find out that they do not subscribe to the Shuttle service.

We returned our rental car on the morning of the cruise and where told to get a cab!! One of their workers then ofered to take us to the port - so I gave him the cab drivers tip+.

At the end of the cruise, we had to pick up an Avis car and waited for the shuttle. Thats when we found out about who pays into the shuttle and who doesn't. The bus driver was very rude!! We then got a cab to the airport Avis rental centre - about $15. I think Dollar has a delivery point at the port, but check it out. I am not sure if Hertz was on the black list also. Hope this helps. :)

Yes , the information does help a lot, so thanks for sharing your experience.

Not happy to hear about it. It must have added unnecessary stress to a holiday. Glad it worked out in the end.

Thanks for the replies! Just to clarify, when you get off the ship you just wait in the line-up? Not necessary to call the rental office to request pick-up or let them know you are there?

Does anyone know what time they start and stop, and is it only on weekends ? ( We disembark on a Monday). Thank you again very much.

They know when the ships arrive and will be there...no need to call ..:rolleyes:

Archived