Princess Floral Arrangements

loves2cruz

A friend sent us the large Princess floral arrangement for our 2007 cruise on the Dawn. It was absolutely exquisite, and most of the flowers lasted the duration of the voyage (11 nights). We took the beautiful floral arrangement to our vow renewal so that it would be in our photos :)

Chris

We have also had a flower arrangement delivered to our room. Our TA arranged it and it was there when we boarded. It was beautiful arrangement of roses, baby's breath and some fern. Another time some friends gifted us with a floral arrangement of roses, lillies and assorted greenery. Absolutely beautiful.

Marilyn

Flowers are the thing to do. I made arrangements directly using 1-800 number for DW's birthday. They will have them delivered prior to your arrival or on a specific day. The large rose bouquet lasted almost the entire 14 days of the cruise. Just a little droopy at the end:D

If the flowers aren't going to be a surprise, you can go down to the flower desk the next day and order them. This would be helpful is someone is allergic to a specific flower. I can't be around Stargazer Lilies - so they always use something different and take out the pollen stems. If you are in a suite, you will get an arrangment that is usually waiting in the cabin for you. Most of the time they hold up, but we have had to "refesh" them on longer cruises.

If you are in Hawaii, you will see lots of arrangements right near the pier. They are lovely and very reasonable.

I echo what everyone has already said. On our first 4 Princess cruises I ordered the dozen roses for my DW by calling Princess ahead of time - and they were always in the cabin when we arrived. They were all 7 day cruises and the roses made it the whole week. On our last cruise (15 days) I ordered a large bouquet and it was in the room when we got there - and most of it was still looking good when we left. Don't tell Princess but their flower prices are actually pretty decent.

I am deathly allergic to flowers (especially in a confined space)...literally throat closing, asthma inducing sick.

I love flowers....so, I bring a bouquet (don't anyone laugh) of silk spring flowers of different colors; I ask for a vase from the steward, set them on the desk to admire the entire cruise and don't worry about them again... and they're so, so pretty and just liven up the cabin.

I have had cabin stewards who have watered them for me....that's how real they look...I shake them off; pack them up and we're good to go!!!! :p

Typically, we try to board as early as possible, have lunch (thank you, Princess, for opening the dining room for lunch on embarkation day), then get off the ship in the early afternoon, find a local flower shop and do our own arrangement to bring on board. We'll also buy an inexpensive vase which we will give to our cabin attendant. I suspect some cabin attendants end up with a surplus of vases, if others do as we do.

When we're in SF for our October cruise, we'll just stop at Trader Joe's or Safeway or someplace similar to pick up the flowers.

I recently ordered the "small" $33.00 arrangement, which was more like a medium to large size really. I just ordered once onboard filling out the form in the cabin and taking to Passenger Services.

It consisted of many tropcials, anthiriums, proteas, orchids plus some more common flowers. It was beautiful, and I was very surprised how nice it was for the price. I wasn't expecting a lot. Could be it was extra nice due to the re-positioning and abundance of extra flowers, but I don't think so.

The flowers lasted the entire TransAtlantic voyage, picking out a few wilted ones occasionally.

I've ordered a lot of flowers from florists in California, and this arrangement would have been at least $80 (granted everything is overpriced here).

Really perked up the cabin!

Doing the same next cruise for everyone in my party.

Since there is no on board florist on the Pacific, Tahitian or Royal Princess the only option is to pre-order. We recently had the Balcony Dinner on the Royal (which can't be ordered until on board) and was looking forward to the arrangement included since I had heard so much about them, but all we got was 2 roses and some baby's breath. That being said, they were nice and did last for 10 days or so.

Archived