Sorrento & Pompeii Excursion From Naples

Hello:

So I searched many differnt ways and was unable to find any review of this excursion.

Holland America offers an 8 hour excursion to Sorrento & Pompeii that my wife and I are interested in joining.

Has anyone done this tour and/or offer a review? We are trying to determine how much time you get in Sorrento & Pompeii, out of the total 8 hours. Lunch is included as well.

Our Roll-Call is non-existent for our 9/14 Noordam cruise so buddying up on a private tour is not possible.

And our Budget will not allow for another private tour.

Thank you in advance.

Matt

Matt I have been to both locations but not through Holland. I know that Pompeii is about a 45 minute drive from Naples (could be more depending on traffic). And, most cruise ship tours will stop there for two to two and 1/2 hours. So, assuming ninety minutes for lunch you will have another few hours for Sorrento.

Honestly, you could spend days in Pompeii but that is not practical so if you want to see some of the highlights of Pompeii and also have the opportunity to see Sorrento (where I assume you will likely have lunch) it's probably a nice opportunity to see both areas.

Keith

DW and I took the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and Sorrento and we had no issues. The trip was very easy and an inexpensive. We left the ship early headed to Pompeii and did the short tour that was on the map that was given to us. We were finished around 11:45am and then headed to Sorrento for lunch. We had pizza downtown and then toured around the city. We then took the train back to Naples.

We had family group of 13 including two in their 70's and one 8 year old. We took a quick taxi to train. Train to Pompeii. Aquired a quick guide at Pompeii for about 8E each. Worth it. Did a fine job. They just come up to you. If you feel comfortable...do it. Only spent 2 hours and it was enough for us. Took train rest of way to Sorrento. Walked around. Lunch. Hydrofoil back to ship. Great day. That is all you have time for on that deal. Do it on your own if you are comfortable!

Archived