Facination Key West Coach store

mfk

Is this particular store different from other Coach outlet stores? There's one up here in Kittery ME...but if that one's better...guess what direction we'll plan to visit next?

They're not any better. I went to the one in St. Thomas last year. It was the same as our local one, not a penny cheaper.

It's not a Coach Factory Store; it's a regular Coach retail store. Like farler said, it's not a penny cheaper. The only thing you'll save is tax.

How do you save on tax? Florida has a fairly high tax if I remember. It's not duty free because Key West, FL is part of the US and not a duty free stop.

How do you save on tax? Florida has a fairly high tax if I remember. It's not duty free because Key West, FL is part of the US and not a duty free stop.

I thought the same thing. I don't know if you get the duty free because you go to a different country, but it is duty free. My friend bought a Tag watch in KW duty free. Maybe it varies by store?

I don't know why I thought it was an outlet....oh well, I still plan to go there- i want a new wallet and i remember reading a post on here where someone ran across a pretty good deal. We'll see ;)

My niece got a really good deal on a Coach tote this May. It was originally $350 marked down to $175 and then she got it for 50% off of that. I have seen this same bag on ebay go for over $200. I am looking forward to hitting the store in September when we go next.

Mary

• 1 month later...

I love Coach Pocketbooks but this store is a bit snobby and I am accused of being a snob all the time. I am not, actually just shy. We have gone in there several times and after I bought my last bag there they made me leave after my purchase. They said they had a lot of shoplifting lately and that I needed to wait outside for my friends. I was shocked!!! :eek: I was dressed nice and had just spent a huge amount of money.

I don't know why I thought it was an outlet....oh well, I still plan to go there- i want a new wallet and i remember reading a post on here where someone ran across a pretty good deal. We'll see ;)

The Coach store on Duval is a "factory store" and it says so right above the front door under the sign "Coach." I take the words "factory store" to mean that it is a type of outet store. Maybe saying "factory store" is supposed to sound more elegant or more expensive.:D

I just walked right past the store Monday, August 25, 2008 and the sign still said "factory store."

You are so right, but then we blew the money we saved by eating at Michael's, plus gained weight too. Some folks just never learn. :D

I wouldn't say you "blew" the money; but since you brought it up that is my favorite establishment on the rock. Michael and Melanie are such nice people along with their staff. Most of them have been there for years and it shows.

I dearly love the grouper oscar and the seafood crepes among other entres.

Tell me what you all had, please.

Incidentally, I am just up the street on the same side almost at the cemetery. How convenient.

Mike:)

I had an amazing cedar-planked wild salmon in a mustard sauce on a bed of arugula and Hubby had snapper meniere. He was really happy with the way it was prepared. We also shared a caprese salad and were completely out of our minds and ordered the chocolate volcano cake for dessert.

We sat out in the garden, but I have to confess it was really, really hot. The fans tried hard, but didn't help cool much. Still, the food was so good, I'd go back in a heart beat.

I had thought Michael's was expensive, but Hubby said we spent almost as much at La Trattoria the night before. bBoth are quality restaurants with first rate service. Chuck waited on us at Micheal's. We really liked him...a very nice guy.

• 3 months later...

Coach has "factory stores" like an outlet and Retail stores. In the retail stores you don't see many sales (if sales in a Retail Store it is mostly on the shoes). In the Factory Stores there are sales and discounts. Sometimes better deals than others, just have to watch for deals at the factory stores. Whenever I travel I seek out the Factory Stores (must to my husband's dismay) and they all have various sales from time to time. Some sales better than others but always much better deals than the Retail Stores. They typically don't carry the shoes or the sunglasses but have a very nice selection of the purses, wallets, luggage, some coats, jewelry/watches and clearance bins (my favorite).

It is definitely worth a visit to any Factory Store you come upon as just regular prices are way better than Retail Stores but whoa, watch out if they are having a sale!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived