Another Good News Story

LouLou28

From the P&O media files

Pacific Dawn Helps Kids Play in Vanuatu

Date: 24 Jul 2008

P&O Cruises’ has helped bring joy to children at Port Vila Hospital by transporting play equipment installed by community group, Castle Hill Pathfinders.

The equipment was shipped to Port Vila, Vanuatu, on Pacific Dawn in preparation of its installation earlier this month.

John Nell, Director of Shore Operations at P&O Cruises said their contribution to the project was a great way for the cruise line to give back something to the community that offers their passengers so much.

“We jumped at the chance to help the Castle Hill Pathfinders with this community project in Port Vila,” Mr Nell said.

It is one of our most popular destinations and this is an ideal opportunity for us to say thanks to the local people for always welcoming our passengers with open arms.”

Director of Castle Hill Pathfinders, Sharon Duncan said P&O Cruises’ contribution was invaluable in making the project happen.

“Without the play equipment reaching Port Vila, we would never have had the opportunity to build this much needed facility which will make life more bearable for children at Port Vila Hospital,” Mrs Duncan said.

Pacific Dawn regularly visits Port Vila as part of its South Pacific itineraries.

Pacific Dawn is Australia’s first superliner and features two swimming pools, a choice of five evening dining areas, nine bars and lounges and dedicated children’s facilities.

port-villa-hospital-pacific-dawn.jpg

From ship to shore – the completed play equipment for children at Port Vila Hospital, transported by P&O Cruises.

Hi Linda,

Great story, loved that the play equipment is in the form of a ship:D...also noticed P&O got a bit of a plug in for Pacific Dawn...well done to everyone involved, I'm sure the kids will love it;) :D :D

Regards Sandie:)

Hi Linda,

Great story, loved that the play equipment is in the form of a ship:D...also noticed P&O got a bit of a plug in for Pacific Dawn...well done to everyone involved, I'm sure the kids will love it;) :D :D

Regards Sandie:)

Yes, a wonderful act from the Castle Hill Pathfinders, and nice of P&O to support their endeavours.

Yes - cynical me - I am amazed in the way a positive act becomes a PR media spin. I work for a company that donates a lot to many causes, but does not publicise it in the media.

They keep on plugging that 1st Superliner bit too (even though Sun Princess started cruising here before PD)

Cheers

Geoff

Yes, a wonderful act from the Castle Hill Pathfinders, and nice of P&O to support their endeavours.

Yes - cynical me - I am amazed in the way a positive act becomes a PR media spin. I work for a company that donates a lot to many causes, but does not publicise it in the media.

They keep on plugging that 1st Superliner bit too (even though Sun Princess started cruising here before PD)

Cheers

Geoff

I know ... I smirked too when I read that last bit - the plug for the ship! But what do you expect!!!!:rolleyes: :cool:

I still think it's a great story of them supporting another charity to deliver something good! I'm sure like most corporates, they support quite a few charities and causes --- and we probably only hear about a small bit of it! (or is that just me being naive!!!):eek:

Archived