Taking Train from Memphis

Lindaks

Anyone ever done this? Mom and daughter (22) are driving to Memphis boarding train to NO. Station is in the Central Business District,right? We want to ride the St. car and go to the FQ . We are on a budget and would like to walk as much as possible. Cruising Dec. 5 on the Conquest and will be there Friday and Sat. nights. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Do you have your hotel yet?? If not book now. Consider some of the many Christmas Papa Noel activities. Especially good is the free cooking demos and Christmas Concerts. 12-3 is a gospel choir. Preservation Hall would be great the other night. Look over the Good times guide coupons and print out what's of interest. http://www.neworleansonline.com/neworleans/christmas/

http://www.experienceneworleans.com/bnh/guide.html

Budget Queen, thanks so much for the wonderful ideas. I looked briefly at the hotel deals and they were very good compared to there normal prices. We are both so excited about the whole trip, first train trip and first time in NO. Your ideas sound like a lot of fun. Thanks for the advice. My daughter would like to do a Voodoo tour so we probably will.

My son, DIL, friend, and I are taking the train from Memphis to NO on Dec. 10th for sailing on Dec.11th. I have done the train 1 time before and it is really good!! It comes into NO right beside the Superdome. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Superdome right near the station and they have a shuttle to go to the French Quarter and Pier.

Elise

I never would have thought about taking the train.......we are coming from Indiana in January. I am looking into the train thing today, and the rates seem pretty OK. Are there any tips I should know about the train? Also, is there any hotels that offer park and stay plans where you can stay the night before the cruise for special prices, or park there for a discount while you cruise? This is only by second cruise, and with a family of 5, we are always looking for ways to cut costs!:o

Parking in Memphis is free and if you make reservations online you get a 10% discount. We are planning on taking a backpack with drinks and sandwiches. Saving my money for NO and excursions. Anyone know how comfortable the seats are?

Archived