Group Cruise?

A long time ago someone said how you could find out if there was a large group on your ship and I'd like to know how to find that out. We booked a back to back on the Grandeur for March 2nd thru March 12th, 2009. Recently the March 2nd date disappeared. We called RCCL and of course they didn't know anything. I'm very worried. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Cathy

Found one group so far

http://www.musfestivals.com/cf/cruisefestivals_gots.htm

As a pioneer of student music competitions, we begin our twenty-second year as one of the nation's finest and most respected festival & travel programs. Our full time directors, backed by regional coordinators, work with more than eight hundred schools a year to provide the opportunity to travel, to meet other students, and to be adjudicated by some of the finest educators.

In 1996, we introduced our successful Cheer & Dance/Drill Team America program with the belief that every squad deserves the chance to showcase their skills in a national or Regional setting - without having to move up through local & state qualifying rounds.

There is simply nothing more important to us than your satisfaction. And the only way to ensure your satisfaction is to consistently deliver the highest level of quality and personal service possible. We do not feel we are the best simply because we have one of the largest festival programs... we believe we became one of the largest by being one of the best. Experience the difference! Please join us in 2008 for one of our many programs that we have to offer you and your students.

bruce r and Michele: Thanks for the info. I didn't begin to know how to find it. We've never been on a group cruise and would like to know, in your, opinion if we should think about cancelling this cruise. We're about as old as dirt so don't know how to react to so many young kids. Will they take over the ship or what. Thanks for any input you might have.

Cathy

bruce r and Michele: Thanks for the info. I didn't begin to know how to find it. We've never been on a group cruise and would like to know, in your, opinion if we should think about cancelling this cruise. We're about as old as dirt so don't know how to react to so many young kids. Will they take over the ship or what. Thanks for any input you might have.

Cathy

Honestly it looks like this groups goes on many cruises throughout the year. So I bet they don't pack each one. I would call the group organizer and ask how many they plan on having on your sailing. They could just be 30 kids. I wouldn't cancel yet. ;)

Just looked at the site and it looks like they are booking on every ship and every cruise through 2009?!?!?! It seems like they "do their thing" (at least on the 3 & 4 day ones) in port not on the ship. Hoping that since we are post spring break and pre-graduation we will not see too many on our ship.

Michele - good idea. We're doing a little 4 dayer to Baja leaving Monday so we will call when we get back. I sure hope they aren't on the second week of our cruise too. So far March 7th is still showing.

Newbiecruiser09 - this is a 5 day cruise.

Thanks for another good idea Michele.

Cathy

Michele - good idea. We're doing a little 4 dayer to Baja leaving Monday so we will call when we get back. I sure hope they aren't on the second week of our cruise too. So far March 7th is still showing.

Newbiecruiser09 - this is a 5 day cruise.

Thanks for another good idea Michele.

Cathy

Cathy, I looked at their website and it looks like they advertise all the ships and most (if not all) the sailings (both your 5 day and my 4). Hopefully there won't be too many on either or our cruises.

I did write to RCCL and ask if a group had signed up and RCCL said they are unaware of any group being on this cruise and that the date was not being shown due to inventory maintenance. Give me a break. How come Michelle could find out that info and yet RCCL is not aware of it. Geez. I guess we'll just have to call the group (senior moment - forgot their name) and ask what they are doing and when.

Cathy

Archived