Savory Bite?

On Voyager back in March, they only had them one night during the entire week. I got them the first night and that was all. I asked the waiter, and he said he never knew what kind of bread was going to be served until that night. I put on my comment card that they needed to offer them more than once.

There used to be so much more variety in the whole bread basket- now just a couple- mostly sourdough, or at least that was the way it was on our last trip. I guess it's a victim of cost cutting measures. :(

I wonder if it's just luck of the draw, because we had them every night on the same ship in the same month!

Sorry for repeating myself, but I didn't see this post when I responded to the lack of Savory Bites on the Voyager in January.

Cindy- I guess you ate them all!!!:D That is strange, and very disappointing to me. Hopefully on our upcoming trip on Adventure, they'll be plenty!

Maybe I did...bread is a weakness!!!:D

We had them every dinner on the Liberty in June. They had at least 3 other kinds of breads or rolls, too. I am not much of a bread eater (not because I don't like bread, but because the carbs aren't good for me), so the savory bites are perfect...I would get just 1 every dinner, and it would satisfy my bread needs!!!!!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really wasn't impressed with them. Maybe it's because I had heard so much about them prior to my cruise that I was expecting more, but I think they're kinda like eating a crouton :confused:

Crouton? Those are hard, crunchy and tiny :confused: ;)

I think that's a stretch :D But of course, not everyone likes the same things!

I had no idea what savory bites were!

Does anyone have a photo of these prized morsels? I am among the clueless who don't know what they're missing. I had heard the words savory bites, but I somehow thought that they were served in the lounges late at night, which I never go to.

I guess all of the folks who are in the know scarfed them up, so I never had one in the dining room! :p Sourdough rolls are my personal favorite, slathered with too much butter.....

I will be on the lookout for these savory bites~~Thank you!

Bon Voyage!

Leslie

I had no idea what savory bites were!

Does anyone have a photo of these prized morsels? Sourdough rolls are my personal favorite, slathered with too much butter.....

I will be on the lookout for these savory bites~~Thank you!

Bon Voyage!

Leslie

Here you go, Leslie. We noticed the Savory Bites in this pic a while back. If you click on the photo, then in Webshots up on the right one of the options will be to choose "Full Size." If you do that, you can see the Savory Bites not only on my bread plate, but also on EBQ's I believe. Oh, and the other piece of bread on my plate is your SourDough I think!

2168367550039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

I didn't know these were called Savory Bites but I know exactly which bread everyone is talking about! I've been on 2 RC cruises and have had these on both and I totally agree, they are VERY tasty! I look forward to having them again on our January 09 cruise!

Diane

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Explorer and they weren't offered so I asked for them. Next night there were two on the tray and I got them. Following night there were a few more offered around the table. After that there were only two per night for me and when DH asked for them the waiter told him they were only for me!

Seems strange that they are so popular and not routinely offered anymore.

I LOVE these things!!!! On my very first cruise I was offered the bread and chose one of these kind of by accident. I had never heard of them, just thought they looked good. I was in love!!! Oh my gosh, they were so good. I had a bunch every night.

I am sad I have to wait a year to have more of them.

They are a favorite of mine and I have to agree that they are better on some ships. Sometimes they are too hard, but I still enjoy them. Also, makes me feel like I am not killing my cholesterol level because they are small. One or two(at most) gives me my "bread fix"!

On Rhapsody, our assistant waiter realized to automatically give me multiple savory bites.:D Some at my table had never tried them - but decided to this time. I think I may have converted them!

Archived