Any cruiseship recommendation??

outandabout

Looks like you have a choice of 3 ships that meet your date & departure port:

Sapphire Princess

Mariner Of The Seas

Norwegian Star

That is the order I'd pick the ships too. You need to read some reviews of each ship and see which is a good match for your wants/needs from a cruise.

We just sailed on the Vision and had a great time. It's being replaced on the route by the Mariner, and I would not hesitate to take it Mexico next year. RCI does a nice job down there.

Looks like you have a choice of 3 ships that meet your date & departure port:

Sapphire Princess

Mariner Of The Seas

Norwegian Star

That is the order I'd pick the ships too. You need to read some reviews of each ship and see which is a good match for your wants/needs from a cruise.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm not sure if I want to cruise on another Princess line again. Just got back from the Baltics and altho' Crown was an okay ship; I would like to experience another sailing on another cruise line.

Have done Norwegian to Alaska before - good experience except that I chose an older ship.

Mariner of the Seas - have to do some research and read some reviews. Haven't cruise with them before.

Carnival was my very first cruise. Is Splendor one of their newer ship?

You're welcome.

I'm not sure if I want to cruise on another Princess line again. Just got back from the Baltics and altho' Crown was an okay ship; I would like to experience another sailing on another cruise line.
I can definitely appreciate that. I have changed cruise lines every time I've cruised. I never done the same cruise line twice in a row.

Have done Norwegian to Alaska before - good experience except that I chose an older ship.
The freestyle concept appeals to DW, but I think that Norwegian might have to devote too much of their ship's square footage to all the different restaurants and have to cut back in other areas. I don't know for sure, but it seems that way to me.

Mariner of the Seas - have to do some research and read some reviews. Haven't cruise with them before.
I just booked 2 cabins on the March 22, 2009 Mariner sailing. My DS has always wanted to sail on a Voyager class ship and now that RCI has moved one to the West coast and it is an easy non-stop flight to LAX we had to pick her for our next cruise. The Voyager class ships has so much to offer onboard that it didn't matter as much what the ports of call will be for us to sail on the Mariner.

Haven't done a Carnival cruise, yet.

We went to MR five years ago on Vision of the Seas and will be going again this December. It's truly a wonderful ship. The staff is great, the shows are super, the food yummy and the activities are for any taste.

Enjoy!

Splendor is Carnival's newest ship. The inaugural cruise was just this month. She is doing Northern Europe cruises, followed by Mediterranean cruises, then a TA, winter Caribbean cruises and then she's rounding South America in Feb 09 to be based in LA, replacing the Price for Mexican Riviera cruises.

We have been on two of RCCI's Voyager Class ships (Mariner not one of them) and absolutely love this class. In our opinion, you cannot go wrong on the Mariner of the Seas. We are so glad to see a Voyger Class ship on the West Coast.

We have cruised several lines, and Carnival is our favorite...For sure we have more fun on the Fun Ships...We are going on the Pride in October...We booked our air into LA, not begin informed by our travel agent that she sails our of Long Beach.....Oh well...Live and Learn

We have been on two of RCCI's Voyager Class ships (Mariner not one of them) and absolutely love this class. In our opinion, you cannot go wrong on the Mariner of the Seas. We are so glad to see a Voyger Class ship on the West Coast.

Sapphire Princess all the way...:D

And there you go. I guess you could flip a coin or just go with the cruise that is the least expensive.

We have cruised several lines, and Carnival is our favorite...For sure we have more fun on the Fun Ships...We are going on the Pride in October...We booked our air into LA, not begin informed by our travel agent that she sails our of Long Beach.....Oh well...Live and Learn

The Long Beach port and San Pedro port are not too far away. We loved the Pride. We went in February. Some friends went in October and said it was great!

You will have to tender in Cabo. I don't know how M O S will handle tendering with all of those pax. We signed up for a short early AM ships tour on the Diamond Princess in 2007 and got right off the ship with no problem. Then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. No other ships in port that day.

Archived