Team Trivia Challenge ??

COLLEYBERRY

Yes, it really is. DW and I went to the first game on a cruise and saw a rather unattractive young lady looking lost and invited her to join us. She was very happy to, and turned out to be very a interesting person. No one else joined our team and when the moderator came she announced the topic would be movies, I was ready to leave. My wife watches mostly old movies and I hardly ever see any. We stayed and the girl knew ALL of the answers immediately!:) We (actually she) won.:D

Turned out she knew other things too, but we held our own against the other teams.

I suspect she looked better to you at the end of the game than she did coming in. :D

So if it's progressive trivia and you are on a team that isn't very good you lose for the whole trip? Doesn't sound like much fun for most of the people except the one or two groups that are in contention. I imagine most everyone else would drop out.

I'm pretty good at trivia and I enjoy it but when they schedule it at the same time as a lecture I can tell you where I'll be. I'd rather learn new stuff.;)

I've played all sorts of trivia on the ships. The only time they played "progressive trivia" the CD gave a daily prize. He then kept the papers and totaled the scores for a grand prize the last day. With this way you have 2 chances to win if you have a good daily score each day even if you don't win on the daily game.

We really enjoy the trivia games on a cruise - especially Team Trivia. The Celebrity ships we've sailed on have the "Battle of the Sexes" which gets very competitive - but really lots of fun. Looking forward to playing Hal's version of trivia games. :D

Cindy

We had the 'progressive' trivia on the E'dam. We didn't like it due to the commitment factor. Some port days we had to combine teams in order to be competitive against larger teams. Then the question is, which team gets the points for that day??

Anyway, the prizes were complete garbage. Many of us wanted our E DAM mugs to add to our collections. Somehow the Inaugural caught HAL by surprise - no such mugs exist. :rolleyes: I believe the prize for the team that won the 'progressive' portion were water bottles. :eek: The daily prizes were luggage tags, inflatable boats, really cheap pedometers (I'll let you know how long ours lasts, the CD estimated about 20 steps). One day I did see a decent prize, the umbrellas. That was the only once though.

Archived