Post your favorite picture from Alaska thread

SFAM

I saw this idea in a ship line board and thought it would be good to do one just for Alaska. So post your favorite picture you took. I'll start off from one of my favorites I took last year (HAL Amsterdam June-July 07) - a Sea Otter from Sitka:

sitkaseaotter-PICT6266.jpg

I have too many favorites to pick just one so here is a picture of a mother bear teaching her cub to fish in the stream in front of our cabin in Seward. The second one is a pod of orcas we saw while cruising in Kenai Fjords. - SF

Bears.jpg.1163c6ccd7a149c9309bd50d7025a5ea.jpg

Orcas.jpg.1831b8d9a1315cca0692606a7dbeeb79.jpg

Ohh! I can't wait to visit Kenja Fords next year. I'd love to see some adult male Orcas. The only males I saw in BC last year were youths. Here's a couple pics of a mother and calf humback outside of Sitka who breeched 18 times last year for us:

sitkawhale-PICT6370.jpg

sitkawhale-PICT6365.jpg

The calf (the one without the barnacles of course) kept trying to get all the way out of the water, but couldn't and then mommy decided to show off. At one point she did three in a row, one of which was close enough to splash us.

Here is Hubbard Glacier on a sunny day

2142455690065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

It is definitely worth a visit.

Wow, that's terrific. I'm going to miss Hubbard Glacier, but this picture is terrific! How tall is that up close?

Ohh! I can't wait to visit Kenja Fords next year. I'd love to see some adult male Orcas. The only males I saw in BC last year were youths. Here's a couple pics of a mother and calf humback outside of Sitka who breeched 18 times last year for us:

sitkawhale-PICT6370.jpg

sitkawhale-PICT6365.jpg

The calf (the one without the barnacles of course) kept trying to get all the way out of the water, but couldn't and then mommy decided to show off. At one point she did three in a row, one of which was close enough to splash us.

WOW I so hope we get to see something like that on our Whale Watch with Capt Jack...

Hey we saw some male orcas in Tracy Arm last year..It was awesome...I think they called him a Rouge male?? He was traveling by himself..

I hope everyone realizes how fantastically lucky they were to get these shots. We were in Resurection Bay for 7 hours and never saw an orca at all nor did we see more than the back of a whale. Same deal in Juneau. four hours on the boat, nothing. We did see whales from a huge distance but virtually nothing worth taking a picture of. I wouldn't have traded the experience for the world but not everyone sees the wildlife pictured here.

We just had 400 of our almost 5000 pictures from our 14-day Alaska cruise on the Veendam printed. It was like giving away a child each time we rejected a picture to print. :o It is so hard to pick a favorite from such a varied selection of photos. I LOVE them all! I am really enjoying seeing everyone else's pictures too.

Archived