Luggage gift from Princess??

gfcacc

We are traveling in a travel agent arranged group of 28 people. On our final planning meeting 3 members of our group informed us that Princess had sent them a rather nice piece of name brand luggage with no explanation attached. Needless to say many others in the group were curious as to why only they had received this perk. Our travel agent called Princess and was told they had been randomly chosen to receive these in a promotion. What marketing genius thought that alienating everyone else in this group was a positive ploy????? I'm not sure one passenger flaunting their "free" suitcase to their fellow cruisers promotes warm fuzzy feelings about Princess. Any one else think this might not be a great idea?

This was a targeted promotion for Captain's Circle members quite some time ago. Everyone did not receive it, just those targeted. Most were new to Princess or only their second or third sailing. (this could be why some in your group were included in the promotion and some were not).

Are you sailing with a young group of passengers in your group? Reason I ask is that 'flaunting' and telling about a gift are two different things.

Personally, I feel that Princess does these promotions occasionally and they are at random who will receive certain things. Never really gave it a second thought, and I have read many posts about this over the past year.

I have always been excited for those that received it, so it was no big deal to speak of and I never felt Princess was alienating me because we didn't receive it. IMHO!

Most of our group are new to Princess--we have actually done several cruises with them. My question comes more from the comments made by several others inthe group who had been given no reason for the selective treatment. Personally I agree with you that such promotions can be a positive thing. My problem is the lack of communication or explanation that was given. Even our travel agent (who is excellent) was left in the lurch trying to explain this to others in the group. It would have been a much better success had Princess given some warning to our TA.

Our group of 16 got only 3 pcs. of luggage + (1) exchange for OBC! :eek:

Hey Renee!

I was hoping to see a post from you so I could wish you a great time on your Alaskan cruise! I know it is coming up within days - hope you have a great time with all your family!

I have planned a group cruise for 10. My brother received the luggage promotion, but has still to receive it. Do you think once final payment is made, it will show up? Should I contact my TA or Princess to find out? Anyone's thoughts?

We are traveling in a travel agent arranged group of 28 people. On our final planning meeting 3 members of our group informed us that Princess had sent them a rather nice piece of name brand luggage with no explanation attached. Needless to say many others in the group were curious as to why only they had received this perk. Our travel agent called Princess and was told they had been randomly chosen to receive these in a promotion. What marketing genius thought that alienating everyone else in this group was a positive ploy????? I'm not sure one passenger flaunting their "free" suitcase to their fellow cruisers promotes warm fuzzy feelings about Princess. Any one else think this might not be a great idea?

I don't know about how it would promote a warm fuzzy feeling.

There's a small elegant Princess luggage tag on it.

No huge advertisement.

I just think it was an honor to receive it.

It's a really nice piece of luggage.

We received the luggage - it is nice but an in between size. Larger than a carryon but smaller than our usual 26 inch checked bag.

Who knows how the cruise lines decided to do their promotions?

We were travelling with 9 other people and we were the only CC members and the only ones to get the luggage.

We booked two cabins and one cabin received the free luggage and one cabin did not, so I guess it really is random. Anyway, it's a nice piece of luggage but too small for a 12 night cruise. I'll save it for a weekend away.

Wendy

Say Folks,

So the bag is smaller than your 26 incher!!!

Well if you're flying anywhere, you can cram all your light stuff into it, carry it on and stuff it in the overhead bins the same as 90% of the travelling public.

Now you'll have 1.5 pieces of luggage and not have to pay extra for a second.

THAT WAS EASY!!!

Ciao for now!!!

Say Folks,

So the bag is smaller than your 26 incher!!!

Well if you're flying anywhere, you can cram all your light stuff into it, carry it on and stuff it in the overhead bins the same as 90% of the travelling public.

Now you'll have 1.5 pieces of luggage and not have to pay extra for a second.

THAT WAS EASY!!!

Ciao for now!!!

We can't carry on a 24 in suitcase. Largest is 22 inches.

All I meant was that for cruises if I am allowed only one checked bag I prefer my 26 inchers as DH's shoes take up so much space. So the suitcase from Princess is nice but something I won't use for cruises.

Archived