Got this reponse from RCI regarding missing cruise credits

My online account isn't reflecting my most recent cruise OR my cruise on the other end of the time scale...my trip over 10 years ago (although I somehow got a C&A credit for this). Here is RCI's response...

Thank you for your recent e-mail. The Crown & Anchor Society has implemented a new computer software program. This change may cause some of your cruise history to reflect inaccurately online. We are working diligently to solve this problem and regret any inconvenience this may cause.

A We regret that we are unable to determine when the problem will be resolved. Please allow additional time for our new program to update your online cruise histories.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at 800-526-9723.

Just thought I'd share in case you guys are wondering the same things. :)

You may want to give them a call to see what they actually see on their computers.

Previously when I e-mailed from their website because my two cruises, from over 10 years ago were not showing. They said after 10 years they no longer show on the website and since my cruise credits were correct not to worry about it.

After our Liberty cruise, in May 2008, first the sailing showed with 0 credit. Then a week or so later it showed 1 credit but my total credits went from 4 to 3 :eek:. I then called directly and they said my first two cruises were not listed on their system and if I wanted credit for them I would have to send them proof of those sailings.

I have sent them proof..............that is another whole story. :rolleyes:

Anyway in all of the correspondences back and forth, I too had this same wording attached to the bottom of an e-mail

I got the exact same e-mail several months ago, also. My cruise history is correct, but the total amount of cruise credits is not. C&A says they can "see" my correct credits, but I would love for them to fix it. After our next cruise we'll be diamond, and I'm concerned about getting proper credit.

You may want to give them a call to see what they actually see on their computers.

Previously when I e-mailed from their website because my two cruises, from over 10 years ago were not showing. They said after 10 years they no longer show on the website and since my cruise credits were correct not to worry about it.

After our Liberty cruise, in May 2008, first the sailing showed with 0 credit. Then a week or so later it showed 1 credit but my total credits went from 4 to 3 :eek:. I then called directly and they said my first two cruises were not listed on their system and if I wanted credit for them I would have to send them proof of those sailings.

I have sent them proof..............that is another whole story. :rolleyes:

I don't think we have proof of our first cruise at all- no papers, etc. I think we have our Seapass cards from the subsequent ones, but even having to do this is ridiculous! I guess I should print out the screen shot now of my cruise history (which is correct) in case they delete it all!

I don't think we have proof of our first cruise at all- no papers, etc. I think we have our Seapass cards from the subsequent ones, but even having to do this is ridiculous! I guess I should print out the screen shot now of my cruise history (which is correct) in case they delete it all!

I had to crawl through the attic in 90 degree heat (probably 120 up there:rolleyes:) to dig through stuff to send to them. I agree, it is ridiculous.

I asked for documentation from them of what they were seeing on their screen, first girl said she would "mail" it. When I did not receive it, I called back and was told "on no, we have no way to print and mail that" However, she told me they had e-mail reps who could e-mail me the info. So, I e-mailed to : crownandanchor@rccl.com and asked them to e-mail me either a screen shot or my info, including our C & A status, total number of completed cruises, cruise credits and a list of ships and dates.

NOW what they e-mailed to me had two dates incorrect, they just plugged in "Jan 1" with the correct year. I don't know whether to leave well enough along or have them correct the actual date. :confused:

I have never thought to check if my records are correct. Where do I check this?

Go to Royal Caribbean's webpage, click on the Crown & Anchor tab and then log in. You will be able to access your cruise history there. Next, you can call Crown & Anchor by phone at (800) 526-9723.

I got the exact same e-mail several months ago, also. My cruise history is correct, but the total amount of cruise credits is not. C&A says they can "see" my correct credits, but I would love for them to fix it. After our next cruise we'll be diamond, and I'm concerned about getting proper credit.

We are diamond now and I e-mailed them months ago and it is still wrong. Wrong credits and platinum but right cruise history. I have kept all our sea passes and records of cruises as proof and also copied our history from their web page as well. Someday it will get fixed.....

. . . I have kept all our sea passes and records of cruises as proof and also copied our history from their web page as well. . . .

It's a sad commentary when this type of record keeping is required in order to prove that a cruise was taken. I wish I had been prescient enough to do so, but I wasn’t and appear to be out of luck. RCCL can’t find 2 cruises in their records and I’m 2 points away from diamond. :(

I wouldn't want to have to hold my breath that Long! I have gotten the same letter well over 1 yr ago! I Gave Up! C&A has the correct amount, thats all that matters to me!:rolleyes:

I have the exact same story - over 1 yr ago and I received an email confirming my status. I take that email on EVERY cruise!!!

I e-mailed them (again) on Sunday.

Yesterday I received the '..you must call..yada..yada..yada." e-mail. Been there-done that.

I don't worry too much about the past cruises and cruise credits (I called and verified those), but I would like to see the saving certificates.

If the folks in the IT department can't handle the job, it's time to get someone who can.

I spoke to a C&A person yesterday and she swears that they "just" figured out how to get the cruise credit records to merge into one record. She put me on hold for 5 minutes while she took my 3 different profile histories and "merged" them, and told me it would be reflected online within the week. She acknowledged that it has basically taken them years to get this working, but that it is (finally) now working.

Only the week will tell if they have really finally solved the problem. But I certainly had more confidence in this person than I did in the C&A rep who told me a few months ago "our computers are down right now, I'll make a note to fix it this afternoon." :)

Here is a clue next time you book a cruise, DON'T USE A PHONE NUMBER.;) I found out that if you don't use a phone number, the cruise gets logged under you C&A number for the credit, but if you use a phone number on the reservation, it overrides your C&A number and creates another folder and your cruise credit history goes in there.

On our past cruises,

1. They had a folder under our C&A number where no phone number was used, so this folder was created under our C&A number.

2. They had a folder under our home phone number for those cruises where we gave them our home phone.

3. They had a folder under my cell phone number for those cruises where we gave them my cell phone.

4. They had a folder under my partners cell phone number for those cruises where we gave them that phone number.

We didn't really think the phone number would matter, but it did as now we know why some cruises were not showing up. They have our total cruise credits correct by calling them, but the history is not on the web. They told me that they basically fired all of the IT department and flew in some consultants to try and fix the problem.

I just sent them a message again...

The credit value shown on your web site under "my completed cruises" is 4... This is correct. However, the "completed cruise credits" in the "Christopher's Information" summary section on the left only shows 3. This affects my C&A status. My completed cruise credits is 4 as stated in my cruise history. I would like this fixed. I have written before and been given a stock answer that "we are working on it" and "we know your correct total". Well, it has been over a year and it is still not fixed and I do not want a canned answer again. I want to know what exactly is being done to correct this situation. I look forward to a specific response from RCCL. Thank you.

What are the odds I will get the OP's "canned email response" again?!:eek:

I spoke to a C&A person yesterday and she swears that they "just" figured out how to get the cruise credit records to merge into one record. She put me on hold for 5 minutes while she took my 3 different profile histories and "merged" them, and told me it would be reflected online within the week. She acknowledged that it has basically taken them years to get this working, but that it is (finally) now working.

Only the week will tell if they have really finally solved the problem. But I certainly had more confidence in this person than I did in the C&A rep who told me a few months ago "our computers are down right now, I'll make a note to fix it this afternoon." :)

How did they figure out you had 3 profile histories? Is there something we should mention to the reps so they know where to look?

Archived