Voyager Past Passengers Help Needed

For those of you who have sailed on the Voyager of the Seas in the past out of Galveston, Texas, can you answer the following questions for me?

I think I have figured out that the Captain's Welcome Aboard dinner will be on Monday, while we are at sea.

When do they have the Captain's Fairwell dinner? Is it Thursday when we sail from Costa Maya or is it Friday when we sail from Progresso?

To me Costa Maya would be the ideal time, because we leave at 3 and the Ladies would have more time to get ready.

Progresso does not seam like a likely time, because we sail from there at 8 PM. Some people may not even be back onboard the ship.

Can anyone help me out here?

I think someone has previously told me that the ice shows are on Wed and Thu. Am I correct?

I'm trying to work in Portafino's and there just does not seem to be enough time to do everything on this cruise. Not to mention Johnny Rockets. They really need to make this a 10 day cruise.

Thanks everyone for your input. Cruise Critics always come through.

Bandit

For those of you who have sailed on the Voyager of the Seas in the past out of Galveston, Texas, can you answer the following questions for me?

I think I have figured out that the Captain's Welcome Aboard dinner will be on Monday, while we are at sea.

When do they have the Captain's Fairwell dinner? Is it Thursday when we sail from Costa Maya or is it Friday when we sail from Progresso?

To me Costa Maya would be the ideal time, because we leave at 3 and the Ladies would have more time to get ready.

Progresso does not seam like a likely time, because we sail from there at 8 PM. Some people may not even be back onboard the ship.

Can anyone help me out here?

I think someone has previously told me that the ice shows are on Wed and Thu. Am I correct?

I'm trying to work in Portafino's and there just does not seem to be enough time to do everything on this cruise. Not to mention Johnny Rockets. They really need to make this a 10 day cruise.

Thanks everyone for your input. Cruise Critics always come through.

Bandit

Formals are on Monday and Thursday. We did Johnny Rocket's for lunch and worked out nice. Went to Portafino's on Friday night, it wasn't very crowded that night and enjoyed the evening very much.

Can I hijack your thread;) ?

Can any of you past Voyager cruisers recall if there are any tables and chairs along the sides of the pool deck or Solarium?

I am scheduled to sail in Feb. and we just finished a cruise on the Mariner. We were so disappointed that there wasn't any place to play cards in the Solarium or the pool deck. The game room upstairs on 14 was packed almost 24 hours a day. After talking with an officer we finally got a small portable table but then we had to "guard" it all day. We had to eat in shifts for lunch if we wanted to hang on to the table and chairs.

This is the first Royal Caribbean ship we have been on with no tables and chairs on the pool deck. Thanks for any info!

Can any of you past Voyager cruisers recall if there are any tables and chairs along the sides of the pool deck or Solarium?

I am scheduled to sail in Feb. and we just finished a cruise on the Mariner. We were so disappointed that there wasn't any place to play cards in the Solarium or the pool deck. The game room upstairs on 14 was packed almost 24 hours a day. After talking with an officer we finally got a small portable table but then we had to "guard" it all day. We had to eat in shifts for lunch if we wanted to hang on to the table and chairs.

This is the first Royal Caribbean ship we have been on with no tables and chairs on the pool deck. Thanks for any info!

I have been on the Mariner, and yes they have very few tables on the pool deck. The Voyager has many tables on the pool deck. They are lined up from the front to the back on both sides of the deck in the shade. Hold on to the cards, there is a good breeze when it is underway.

Thanks Gary! You have made my day. Few tables, you got that right. There are 3 for the smokers on the port side and 3 right where the line for the ice cream machine forms all day long. Neither option worked for us. Other than that Mariner was great, but very crowded on sea days and since we were Eastern, there were 3 of them.

To Bandit: No one can answer your questions properly as the Voyager has not been to Costa Maya since she began sailing out of Galveston. Her first call at Costa Maya will be this coming December. Costa Maya was destroyed last fall by hurricane Dean and has been rebuilding. I believe the first ship to call there this fall is a HAL ship. We were on VOS this past April, when we had only 3 ports of call. In Jan. 2009, we will be on her looking forward to revisiting Costa Maya. Starting in Dec. 2009, Voyager will no longer be going to Progresso, so she will be on a 3 port itinerary after that. I too have been wondering when the second formal night will be. I think it will have to be Costa Maya.

There are some tiny tables with chairs, but nothing big enough for eating or playing cards. The tables are about the size of your car steering wheel. I was really bummed about that, as we also love eating and playing cards by the pool.

There was not any place that we could find on Voyager where we could play cards....not even the Card Room. There were events in it every day almost all day long. On the last sea day the weather was awful and the seas were very rough. We were allowed to stay in the Windjammer and play cards in the afternoon on that day, since there was no place else to go. If we go on Voyager again, we will take our own portable table. :confused:

On the Rhapsody, we played Mexican Train (domino game) on the large tables at the pool. We were very disappointed that they didn't have big tables by the pool on the Voyager. We never did find anywhere to play Mexican Train, but we did play Farkel a lot in the Schooner Bar. We also played some in Cloud Nine but got booted out of there after awhile for an event. Our last day at sea was like J & G's...very bad weather and the sea was very rough...so we didn't mind playing inside at the Schooner Bar. In beautiful, warm weather though it would be nice to have big tables in the pool area.

Like 39august said, it could all change with Costa Maya back in the lineup. We left Progresso at 5. Partly because of the approaching bad weather, but I also heard others say the Voyager always leaves that early. I'm not sure if that is true though.

Our ice shows were Monday at 3 and 5 and Wednesday at 7 and 9.

We never did make it to Portofino's. We ate at Johnny Rockets one night instead of the dining room. We have early seating and it's hard to make dinner at 6 sometimes. We missed more nights on this sailing than we ever have on any of the others, but we sure didn't starve! ;) :)

On the Rhapsody, we played Mexican Train (domino game) on the large tables at the pool. We were very disappointed that they didn't have big tables by the pool on the Voyager. We never did find anywhere to play Mexican Train, but we did play Farkel a lot in the Schooner Bar.

Wow! I could have written that....in fact, as I started reading I had to look and make sure it wasn't one of my posts. :D

Archived