Radiance Aft Cabins 1102 1104 1604 ?

I don't recall exactly how much coverage there was on the balcony. I know there was some. It was very warm during the canal transit and I remember trying to find as much shade as possible and sometimes it was hard to come by depending on the time of day. I don't think that would be an issue in Alaska. You will probably welcome the sun.

I'm not sure about the chairs. I know we had the nice ones on our Hawaii cruise in 2007 but they could be different for Alaska. I do know that this cruise went on to Alaska when we disembarked and I can't imagine that they changed the chairs. This cruise was on the Radiance also.

Well, in Alaska it's the rain I was thinking about. If there is little cover then the balcony becomes much smaller if it's raining.

Thanks for the info!!

Well, in Alaska it's the rain I was thinking about. If there is little cover then the balcony becomes much smaller if it's raining.

Thanks for the info!!

I checked with my DH and he thought at least half of the balcony was covered.

We had 1600 on the Radiance through the Panama Canal and on the Serenade for Alaska this past May.

If you are up against the railing of your balcony, then yes, people in the WJ can look down and see you standing there. Otherwise, the only way people can see onto you balcony is by peeking around the dividers between the cabins.

NEVER experienced any noise from the WJ, and the views are incredible.

Just click on the pics link below to get a feel for the views.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The main complaint about the aft cabins is that they are a long walk from the stairs/elevators, but I considered that a plus...no foot traffic past your door. We were originally booked for a D1 aft, but then JS 1100 came open after final payment at a price we could not pass up.

You'll love 1100. I just had it on the Jewel.

I've had standard "along the sides" balcony cabins, a corner aft cabin and most recently, a "hump" cabin (on the Radiance) when I've cruised Alaska. I prefer the aft view because it's panoramic. Of course, there are no bad Alaska views.

How did it go. was the aft as good as you thought for Alaska??

I have just booked 1102 for a northbound Alaska!!

Any more photos??

R

We had 1104 on the Serenade to Alaska this past June. I am an "aft fan" anyway, but for Alaska it was particularly nice....you don't get much wind on the aft balconies so it was very comfortable to be out on the balcony even though the weather was much cooler.

We had 1102 for a 15 day Hawaiian circle cruise. On 2 consecutive nights we we woken up around 4AM by scraping noises from the Windjammer. The crew was moving something heavy. Each time the noises lasted for about 30 minutes. That said I would take an aft anytime on the Radiance class. There are no better balconies than an aft on the Radiance class. We have 1100 booked in April and 7172 in Sept. Enjoy your aft!!!!

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

• 4 years later...

Hey guys,

I know this thread is from a little while back but I have booked 1604 for a cruise later in the year on Radiance. It is an 18 night so just wondering, on seas days (as we have a lot of them..!), are you covered by shade on the balcony or will you be able to lay on the deck chairs in the sun??

If any one has photos of 1604 I would love to see my cabin :D

Becci

Hey guys,

I know this thread is from a little while back but I have booked 1604 for a cruise later in the year on Radiance. It is an 18 night so just wondering, on seas days (as we have a lot of them..!), are you covered by shade on the balcony or will you be able to lay on the deck chairs in the sun??

If any one has photos of 1604 I would love to see my cabin :D

Becci

Lots of photos of this cabin from Radiance and other Radiance class ships (Jewel, Brilliance, Serenade - which are laid out the same). If you do a search you will find quite a few. Here's one to start with. Love these ships. Spent 12 days aft on the Brilliance, and looking forward to our aft cabin on the Jewel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1193641

See post #4