It's Friday and I need a cruise

nderoche

We just wanted to know when your next cruise is? We are on the Pearl in September for the repo to Miami, 19 days of fun, and then on Sky for a four day in November...what's your next cruise?:D

"It's Friday and I need a cruise"

For me every day is Friday. I would jump at a moments notice and get on a ship to just about anywhere at anytime.

We have Bermuda booked for May '09 and are considering a Western Caribbean for 2010 but that may change to Alaska.

Happy Cruising! :)

My family is going in a little over 4 months & can't wait:)

I'm hoping this trip will reel my DH in as a cruise lover. He's not thrilled about going just because he doesn't want to spend the $$. Hopefully he'll see how much bang for a buck you can get & realize this is the way to go:p

When I read the title of this thread I thought.. "Oh this was made for me.."..LOL.. After 6.5 years with my company, I was laid off this last friday. They are thinking I will be back within 30 to 60 days, but I SO need a cruise. Our next one is booked this coming October 19th. Can't wait.

Hate to hear that!!! BUT everything happens for a reason so maybe you need to have some thinking time - - - and thinking about your cruise is good! :)

October 19th will be here very quickly. Meanwhile, clean a closet or two and keep posting on here. You are full of info and have helped us with our Star cruise coming up. Chin up, kiddo! (no matter how old you are)

That's too bad. I hope everything works out for you and that you do get called back quickly, if that's what you want, of course.

And my question is, how much time do you think you'll spend on cruise critic during this layoff time? :eek: :D

Hate to hear that!!! BUT everything happens for a reason so maybe you need to have some thinking time - - - and thinking about your cruise is good! :)

October 19th will be here very quickly. Meanwhile, clean a closet or two and keep posting on here. You are full of info and have helped us with our Star cruise coming up. Chin up, kiddo! (no matter how old you are)

Thank you both.. I am sure I will be on CC a lot.. LOL..

You will LOVE the Star, Legalwife.. She isn't as big or as new as like the Pearl, etc.. but we just love her and her staff.

I am feeling it with all of you. I am especially feeling it tonight and counting down big time. We leave in three weeks and I am starting to think packing. ARGH!!!

Have fun to all!

Have a great time on the Star, Legalwife! What type of cabin do you have? I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and hopefully you'll post some pictures!:)

We won't be back on the Star (or any ship) until May 30, 2009! Then it's back to Alaska for the 7th time!:D

Have a great time on the Star, Legalwife! What type of cabin do you have? I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and hopefully you'll post some pictures!:)

We won't be back on the Star (or any ship) until May 30, 2009! Then it's back to Alaska for the 7th time!:D

Sandy:

We are in a BA (balcony) on Deck 11. Check these out. There are only 8 of them and the balcony is the same size as the ones in the mini-suites.

I am starting to really feel the excitement of going somewhere we have never been before. I am a big tropical fan, but we are really excited about Alaska. AND, May will be here before you know it in that August is already here for us! Wow! Seven times to Alaska. Have you ever been in the end of August?

The packing has me a little boggled though and I am looking at the packing lists. Seems like jeans are the true way to go for the most part...

I may be waiting longer than any of you! We won't cruise until October 2009. Egads! (Well, we do have a 1-night Princess cruise in September, but that doesn't even count as a cruise.)

I know how you can remedy this situation...Bermuda on the Dawn, 10/5/08 (w/ optional one nighter on the Spirit 10/4/08). I know just the person to help you plan it, and I think they may know someone who will be on those voyages, as well....US!:D

I know how you can remedy this situation...Bermuda on the Dawn, 10/5/08 (w/ optional one nighter on the Spirit 10/4/08). I know just the person to help you plan it, and I think they may know someone who will be on those voyages, as well....US!:D

So I'm thinking you guys booked after you knew when I booked! One lousy week & we would've been sailing together BOO-HISS. (I'm gonna email your wife to complain ;)) Maybe you guys heard it's hour 25 on my 24 hour deodorant! :eek: so that's why you skipped my sailing!

So I'm thinking you guys booked after you knew when I booked! One lousy week & we would've been sailing together BOO-HISS. (I'm gonna email your wife to complain ;)) Maybe you guys heard it's hour 25 on my 24 hour deodorant! :eek: so that's why you skipped my sailing!

You're so right...since the Dawn won't be the same after you've been on her, I figured we'd better get on before you. Just look what happened to the Pride of Aloha/Norwegian Sky after you were on her....you busted the cooling, and clogged the plumbing! :eek: Now the Dawn will never be the same...:D

Actually, DD (17) goes back to school from fall break on the 14th, so we can blame the district for our schedules being out of sync.

Also, my wife says she left you a message the other day...something about you now being paid to sail with NCL...

You're so right...since the Dawn won't be the same after you've been on her, I figured we'd better get on before you. Just look what happened to the Pride of Aloha/Norwegian Sky after you were on her....you busted the cooling, and clogged the plumbing! :eek: Now the Dawn will never be the same...:D

Actually, DD (17) goes back to school from fall break on the 14th, so we can blame the district for our schedules being out of sync.

Also, my wife says she left you a message the other day...something about you now being paid to sail with NCL...

Everyone says some of us work for NCL...I guess the cats out of the bag.:D :D

I wish I could get paid to cruise....I'd do it more often!!

Nick

You need to go back even further. I also sailed on the Sky before she became the Aloha and you know all the complaints when she first got to Hawaii!!! :eek:

My better half said she (your wife) called & asked for me but didn't leave a message. So when should I expect my first check? I guess next time I say I enjoyed an NCL cruise & someone says "well you must work for them", I can't argue back ;)

Archived