It's Friday and I need a cruise

nderoche

We just wanted to know when your next cruise is? We are on the Pearl in September for the repo to Miami, 19 days of fun, and then on Sky for a four day in November...what's your next cruise?:D

We just read "chevyrules2008' (closed) review of the Dawn...It will be our next cruise after the others, we have always loved the Dawn.

So is 19 day to long on Pearl? We don't think so but let us know what you did for 19 days:eek: ....good grief...19 days....I think I'll like it.:D

Nick

Another 107 days to our T/A on the Gem Barcelona - New York (11/16).

After that: 2 spring cruises Miami-Barcelona, one each in 2009 and 2010.

We have always wanted to do a TA and this sounds great. Have you done this before?

Nick

As of one hour ago, I used my $250 future cruise credit and booked the Spirit for Dec 21! Hooray!!!! I'm very excited. For some reason (okay, maybe it was because they were teenagers and we needed a break), we've never taken our sons on a cruise. They are poor starving university students now and are more excited than we are.

Viv

I'm very excited about our upcoming cruise plans. Due to unknown, but what I assume will be high heating costs this winter, I was afraid to book anything. Also since my son is starting college and my daughter still in high school, they don't have the same vacations, so...

I found the Majesty out of Charleston and my kids will be getting a cruise for Christmas. They won't know ahead of time. My husband will be taking my son and my son's best friend on 1/3. I will be taking my daughter for her spring break - April. I was going to talk to the parents of my daughter's best friend about going, but I just found out that she is going on a cruise with the school's band on RCCL that week. I guess I'll wait until after Christmas to find out if she wants to invite someone else.

So I'm excited about the cruises and that my Christmas shopping is just about done.:D

I'm very excited about our upcoming cruise plans. Due to unknown, but what I assume will be high heating costs this winter, I was afraid to book anything. Also since my son is starting college and my daughter still in high school, they don't have the same vacations, so...

I found the Majesty out of Charleston and my kids will be getting a cruise for Christmas. They won't know ahead of time. My husband will be taking my son and my son's best friend on 1/3. I will be taking my daughter for her spring break - April. I was going to talk to the parents of my daughter's best friend about going, but I just found out that she is going on a cruise with the school's band on RCCL that week. I guess I'll wait until after Christmas to find out if she wants to invite someone else.

So I'm excited about the cruises and that my Christmas shopping is just about done.:D

DH told the boys and said to not expect Christmas gifts, maybe just $100 on-board credit each, and they were thrilled.

Viv

As of one hour ago, I used my $250 future cruise credit and booked the Spirit for Dec 21! Hooray!!!! I'm very excited. For some reason (okay, maybe it was because they were teenagers and we needed a break), we've never taken our sons on a cruise. They are poor starving university students now and are more excited than we are.

Viv

Sounds like lots of fun we hope your starving U students have some fun.

They need a break also!!!!:D

We did the Majesty last year and had a wonderful time. We hope that your cruise will be as much fun...Thanks!! The stingrays are lots of fun!

I am feeling it with all of you. I am especially feeling it tonight and counting down big time. We leave in three weeks and I am starting to think packing. ARGH!!!

Have fun to all!

Packing is part of the anticipation and three weeks will go by so fast.

Hope you have tons of fun.

Nick & Julie

We did the Majesty last year and had a wonderful time. We hope that your cruise will be as much fun...Thanks!! The stingrays are lots of fun!

They've been on the Majesty 4 times, so I know (hope) they'll have fun.

DH told the boys and said to not expect Christmas gifts, maybe just $100 on-board credit each, and they were thrilled.

Viv

This is going to be a complete surprise so I have to figure out how to present it that will be most fun. Definitely not a chore as I love Christmas and cruising.:D

They've been on the Majesty 4 times, so I know (hope) they'll have fun.

This is going to be a complete surprise so I have to figure out how to present it that will be most fun. Definitely not a chore as I love Christmas and cruising.:D

What a great surprise! My SIL is taking her family on a Disney landbased vacation next summer and plans it all as a Christmas surprise. She is better at keeping secrets than I am!

Viv

Nothing planned right now, though we did buy a future cruise credit. We were going to do the Gem in January, but the prices are outrageous and they keep going up!:mad: And we're really tired of the So. Carib. itinerary. We may fly to Ft. Lauderdale and hop on the Noordam or another HAL ship in either November or March (prices are SO much better, and we have FFM so wouldn't have to pay for air fare), and save our FCC for the Spirit next summer to BDA. And there's always a chance that we'll hop on the Dream again in October.. still trying to talk DH in to that!

I'm on the Pearl November 30. Just under 4 months and I can't wait. Its western Caribbean... again, but I couldn't beat the price, and there are two new stops for me on this itinerary. Well 3 if you count the private island.

When I read the title of this thread I thought.. "Oh this was made for me.."..LOL.. After 6.5 years with my company, I was laid off this last friday. They are thinking I will be back within 30 to 60 days, but I SO need a cruise. Our next one is booked this coming October 19th. Can't wait.

After 6.5 years with my company, I was laid off this last friday. They are thinking I will be back within 30 to 60 days, but I SO need a cruise.

That's too bad. I hope everything works out for you and that you do get called back quickly, if that's what you want, of course.

And my question is, how much time do you think you'll spend on cruise critic during this layoff time? :eek: :D

Nick (nderoche) -

Yep, T/A is our favorite cruising ground (can't call it a destination).

Our ideal cruise would be a big 2-week loop around the Atlantic (north and south) from Philadelphia. No stops, just floatin' around. Second choice is T/A in an aft cabin. Take a look at our history.

cruise-lover -

Maybe we'll see you on the ship. We are the ones with that silly grin on our faces!

Archived