Where to stay pre cruise in Ft. Lauderdale

Skeezics

I've never stayed there but they do have "on request" airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast.

I would guess that they do offer the same shuttle service to the cruise port. But for us, using a cab means we don't have to wait for the van to show up, everyone gets in, and the van may make several stops before it gets to your ship. Dania is a bit further from the cruise port but the cab fare should be around $20 for the 2 of you.

Charlie

There are actually 5 of us. We will have a car though. We plan to return it to FLL and take the shuttle to the pier from there. Or maybe return it to the Budget near the port and take their shuttle (or a cab from there if they don't have a shuttle).

Can someone who's stayed there add some info? I am just wondering about the location, hotel etc. Thanks!

We are also debating where to stay the day we debark. We fly home the next day, but want to hang around in Fort Lauderdale for the day.

Hi charlie,

Called Courtyard, the shuttle is free, but you are correct about the breakfast, there is a charge for that...

Glad that worked out. I'm surprised that they do a free port shuttle since it seems every other hotel has a shuttle but when you ask at the desk they let you know it's not provided by the hotel and has a charge.

Charlie

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one. I am flying into Fort Lauderdale but sailing out of Miami. (Since I am flying on Frontier this was the closest I could get:( ). So are there any hotels that will pick us up at the airport and then take us to the Miami dock? Or even what a cab would cost for the trip. I have transfers set for getting from the dock to my flight home. But I am coming in a day early since Colorado in February can be iffy with weather.

Barb

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one. I am flying into Fort Lauderdale but sailing out of Miami. (Since I am flying on Frontier this was the closest I could get:( ). So are there any hotels that will pick us up at the airport and then take us to the Miami dock? Or even what a cab would cost for the trip. I have transfers set for getting from the dock to my flight home. But I am coming in a day early since Colorado in February can be iffy with weather.

Barb

I don't think you'll find a hotel in FLL that will shuttle to Port of Miami.

Here's a link

to a fare calculator for Miami. It may be different when starting in Ft Lauderdale but should give you a rough idea of the fare. When I ran the trip from Port of Miami to FLL it came up near $90:eek:

Good luck

Charlie

I don't think you'll find a hotel in FLL that will shuttle to Port of Miami.

Here's a link

to a fare calculator for Miami. It may be different when starting in Ft Lauderdale but should give you a rough idea of the fare. When I ran the trip from Port of Miami to FLL it came up near $90:eek:

Good luck

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much.

If I wasn't so brain dead today (day 3 without caffeine) I would have seen some postings further down the Florida section dealing with the question I asked.

Barb

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much.

If I wasn't so brain dead today (day 3 without caffeine) I would have seen some postings further down the Florida section dealing with the question I asked.

Barb

No Problem. When DW and I "decaffinated" I had headaches for a full week and she had them for 2 weeks. (Her grandad used to give her toast covered with sugar and coffee as a breakfast treat when she was a pre-schooler:eek: )

Charlie

Thanks to all of you who responded to my request! We booked the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. (My sister finally remembered she stayed here for several years when on business in Florida and like it). Since we are taking a red eye from the West Coast the day before and get in at 5:30 am, thought we would grab a cab, store our luggage, have breakfast and be somewhere we could shop until our room is ready - hopefully our request for early check-in will happen. No, I don't travel the day of the cruise, too many things can happen. (I know some of you were thinking that.) Barb

Thanks to all of you who responded to my request! We booked the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. (My sister finally remembered she stayed here for several years when on business in Florida and like it). Since we are taking a red eye from the West Coast the day before and get in at 5:30 am, thought we would grab a cab, store our luggage, have breakfast and be somewhere we could shop until our room is ready - hopefully our request for early check-in will happen. No, I don't travel the day of the cruise, too many things can happen. (I know some of you were thinking that.) Barb

Ohhhh Barb, you have chosen well:) The Riverside is

lovely and the location is FABULOUS:D right in the center

of Las Olas Blvd.......with restaurants on each side!;)

Need a room for one night just to crash. Our flight doesn't get into FLL until midnight so didn't want to break the bank since we'll be there less than 8 hours.

Just got the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Plantation Hotel for $85 for Feb 13th! I bid for 3 star but Priceline says it's 4 stars! Looks like it's pretty close to the airport. Trip Advisor comments seem to be generally good. Though recent comments range from "5 stars would be an understatement" to "yuck".

Anyone know anything about this hotel? I was hoping to find someplace under $100 just to crash but didn't want a total dive. Seems like this will fit the bill.

Does anyone know of any park and cruise hotels in Fort Lauderdale? We are planning on driving and leaving the car... and will stay overnight prior to the cruise... We've done the park and cruise in other ports and it was perfect... So any help finding a hotel will be greatly appreciated.

Also... last time we flew into Fort Lauderdale and cruised from Miami we found the best way to get to Miami was to hire a limo... it was well worth the $$ and it really worked out less expensive than renting a car or taking a cab.

Archived