Do you get dirty looks ? Platinum

southbayer

To clarify then, please

Is this MILESTONE AWARD a ONE TIME reduction in your cruise fare or does it apply to all cruises you take until you reach the next level of deduction ?

In other words:

25% off cruise fare 25th cruise

25% off cruise fare 26th cruise

and on and on

Then 50% off on 50th cruise

and 50% off on 51st cruise

and on and on

I know, I know . . . what I'm thinking would be JUST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ! ! :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

...sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fair, respectively, for that particular voyage.

Nice try though....lol!!

...sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fair, respectively, for that particular voyage.

Nice try though....lol!!

Then what is really the point of reaching those milestone's

There are so many other lines and cruises to try, I don't see them really wanting me to reach those levels.

There are so many other lines and cruises to try, I don't see them really wanting me to reach those levels.

Because we don't cruise Carnival for the "rewards".

We cruise Carnival because it is a good fit...for now.

They take exceptional care of our son with Autism. It has nothing to do with money....that is just a nice bonus. :D

I believe its for every cruise after you reach each level. That is how I understand it

I wish.

I'd be going as fast I could toward each level, hoping to hit 100...which by your reckoning would be free cruises for the rest of my life!

Wooo hooo!

I wish.

I'd be going as fast I could toward each level, hoping to hit 100...which by your reckoning would be free cruises for the rest of my life!

Wooo hooo!

Yep...it would be great if that was the case...but sadly no.

But one can dream!!!! (and next year you can dream ON the Dream)

They take exceptional care of our son with Autism. It has nothing to do with money....that is just a nice bonus. :D

I don't cruise Carnival for the awards. I love Carnival, think they are great, you will never here me say a bad thing about them

I also love steak, But I don't eat steak everyday.

We like trying different things I'm just saying the award would not entice me to pick carnival over another line.

To each there own, I think whatever makes people comfortable that's what they should do. Everybody works hard for there vacation and should enjoy it as they see fit.

Princess was my favorite cruise to date and we have only sailed them once. Timing and destinations are our first criteria.

I wish.

Wooo hooo!

I see your point

But I don't think it would be all that bad of a business move. I might say 1 free cruise per year maybe not. You still would pay fuel charge taxes, and whatever you wanted to upgrade from my lowest category that I am giving you. Think about it after your 100th cruise we will give you a free cruise per year for life. Good advertising. \

In small print: restrictions apply!!!!!

Yep I would do it, I think it would be good business.

Also How many people do you think would have the time to cruise 100 with 1 line?

I see your point

But I don't think it would be all that bad of a business move. I might say 1 free cruise per year maybe not. You still would pay fuel charge taxes, and whatever you wanted to upgrade from my lowest category that I am giving you. Think about it after your 100th cruise we will give you a free cruise per year for life. Good advertising. \

In small print: restrictions apply!!!!!

Yep I would do it, I think it would be good business.

I hope someone makes you the CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines!!! :)

Also How many people do you think would have the time to cruise 100 with 1 line?

Well, I think there are at least a couple that post here, and I know my husband's and my dance instructor has over 350 cruises under his belt -- mostly with one cruise line! (I want his job!)

I admire your point of view as it relates to platinum members. I am also the guy that passes VIP check-in privileges in order to stay with my friends and family in line while checking in, to me that is priceless. Most platinum members do not feel or act as if they are special. The perks are not that good anyway. I feel sorry for those that look at other people with envy. One of the best qualities a person could have is being humble and simple.

I am close to being platinum but truly this isn't a big deal in my view. I would not send my laundry out on a seven day cruise nor would I ever get in front of someone who is waiting to change their dining time. It's a nice perk for those that would do this though, sending out the laundry. I think it is incredibly rude and just because one is guaranteed seating, it doesn't mean you can jump ahead to get it. When you get to the head of the line, ask for your time and if adjustments need to be made, well that's Carnival's issue, not yours, but wait your time like everybody else. I'm surprised at the number of people who seem to want to lord this over everybody as if it is something truly special or prized,being platinum, no biggie and this isn't being said because I'm not platinum.

Princess was my favorite cruise to date and we have only sailed them once. Timing and destinations are our first criteria.

Lol me too. And we would have never had the opportunity to experience that best cruise to date.......if we were loyal to just one line.;)

LOL! They have to come up with something better then that for me:p

I'm sure Carnival will have something more than the Milestone idea for those of us going past 10 (like ELITE on Princess for 25) , but I must agree, if you're cruising Carnival just to get the perks and foregoing other interesting cruises because of this FACT ONLY . . . then its not a good idea at all.

Vip boarding, debarking, and laundry isn't all that valuable actually. Its funny, but I didn't even know I had these perks on my 10th cruise. I just thought the PLATINUM card was a way of saying "more than two". :D

Only after seeing the personal stationery in my cabin and reading about the perks there did I get a clue. :)

I agree completely . . . Carnival, as you said, is a GOOD FIT. I would like to give Princess a try some time, though. The biggest draw to Carnival for me was the 150% SOLO pax rate, whereas all the OTHERS charge Twice the DO rate and subtract one set of port charges. Now I see on some of the really popular sailings Carnival is doing the same thing. So they've lost their greatest advantage for me.

Yes, that is what it was when I used it on the Legend....as best as I can figure.

25% of the cruise portion of your individual ticket

Just another tip:

Our youngest son will be getting his Milestone Rewards level soon and we are going to use it on the Freedom in November. The PVP moved our son's name to the 1st or 2nd position (INSTEAD OF THE 3RD PERSON) to make sure we got the most bang for the buck. I had not even thought about that~!!!~

Thanks for your explanation on the Milestones Rewards.:o I thought we were getting OBC from the price of our room not me individually. We are using it on the Hawaiian cruise and don't we have to wait until we board before we see the OBC we will receive?

Thanks for your explanation on the Milestones Rewards.:o I thought we were getting OBC from the price of our room not me individually. We are using it on the Hawaiian cruise and don't we have to wait until we board before we see the OBC we will receive?

We had already paid in full, so ourswas an OBC---pretty nice though.

Yes, you will have to wait until you board to "see the OBC" (at least we did).

However, I did carry my Rewards letter with me with the date and time I had called my PVP to "order it".

That is one small thing I did not like about the program. No one ever sent an email or contacted us that "it has been processed".

We did not know until we got on the ship.

We had already paid in full, so ourswas an OBC---pretty nice though.

It is my understanding that the 25% is always an OBC (not a reduction in the cost of the cruise) until the 100th cruise...then the cruise is free.

I cruise in Carnival because I like it, the prices are a bonus, I will say that I will never look bad at a person that has choice to do 10 cruises , thats something I am working to get hubby and i up to in a few years hopefully, i cruise Carnival because I like their product.

I really don't think that those of us that are true cruise addicts concentrate on only one line, but that we concentrate on price and itinerary. Now that being said, if all else is equal, I will go on the line that I need to achieve status on because I do enjoy the perks.

Remember, they don't have to give us anything, so something is much better than nothing.

I am deposited on 10 cruises between today and 12/31/09 and 3 different lines. I will achieve Platinum status on two of them (Princess and RCI) as a result of the bookings, but I did not book any of them for that reason. I booked Princess for the itinerary and RCI for the ship. But I will take advantage of all they want to give me.

Refer back to my earlier post, I want to be Platinum or above on everyone and I am doing my darnest to make sure it happens.

I really don't think that those of us that are true cruise addicts concentrate on only one line, but that we concentrate on price and itinerary. Now that being said, if all else is equal, I will go on the line that I need to achieve status on because I do enjoy the perks.

Remember, they don't have to give us anything, so something is much better than nothing.

I am deposited on 10 cruises between today and 12/31/09 and 3 different lines. I will achieve Platinum status on two of them (Princess and RCI) as a result of the bookings, but I did not book any of them for that reason. I booked Princess for the itinerary and RCI for the ship. But I will take advantage of all they want to give me.

Refer back to my earlier post, I want to be Platinum or above on everyone and I am doing my darnest to make sure it happens.

I like this post. Great attitude . . . variety is the spice of life ! :)

From a realistic standpoint, the perks are hardly ENOUGH to make me radically change my interests or motivations for cruising with a specific line. As I've said before, I wasn't even aware of PLATINUM until it suddenly appeared instead of the GOLD card. :confused:

I cruise Carnival for the price, the youthful atmosphere, and predictability of service and accomodations. If they want to give me perks for my loyalty, fine. . . frosting on the cake . . . Thank you, Carnival. :)

WOW! Such an astounding and insightful answer! Next time might it be suggested to use the little 'x' up in the top-right corner if you feel the need to respond to a topic you don't care for? Thanks so much :D

YES SIR.. RIGHT AWAY BOSS... LOL

Archived